Romo getting blasted for the Tom friendly telecast of the Bucs game (1 Viewer)

Romo was very critical of the play calling. Mentioning several times to run more motion to get an idea pre-snap if it’s man or zone coverage. I didn’t see it as some conspiracy though. It seemed more of an honest opinion that totally made sense.
This is Deadspin at work. Take something that has a totally reasonable explanation and instead attribute it to a secret nefarious conspiracy.

Arains deserves to get called out. For too long he has been treated like he is great coach and handled with kid gloves.

Im pretty sure Brady at this point has forgotten more football than Arians knows. So i dont blame him at all for ringing up Romo.

As the game with the Chiefs was winding down I heard Romo say that he, "...could see these two teams meeting, here, for another game." Nantz was pretty surprised because that would mean a Tompa/KC Super Bowl. I don't think that is going to happen, for a lot of reasons too.

I didn't hear him criticizing Arians play calling outright, but on a few successful plays he did say something like "that's an old Brady play just like he used to run it in New England." Kind of implying that if Tom had more input then the team would be more successful.

Every time Tom made a bad throw it was because he doesn't trust his receivers to know what the routes are or the team needs time to Gel. There was never a single "plain ole bad throw" by Tom that I heard.

It was hard to listen to.
I heard the same thing about when a play failed. It’s game 11, gel time is over in my opinion.

As the game with the Chiefs was winding down I heard Romo say that he, "...could see these two teams meeting, here, for another game." Nantz was pretty surprised because that would mean a Tompa/KC Super Bowl. I don't think that is going to happen, for a lot of reasons too.

I heard him say that too, but then he said, "I'm not saying the Bucs are better than the Saints..." then his voice trailed off and I couldn't hear the rest of what he said. I remember thinking that what he just said didn't make sense.

Some stars do not like getting criticized, it seems. Our Drew Brees doesn't like getting called out in film sessions. When a play in which he's done something wrong comes up, the coaches don't say anything, they just rewind and go forward a few times until he tells them "got it." He's the only player who doesn't get direct notes from the coaches during film sessions.

I love Drew Brees. Like, love him as much as you can (platonically...not that there's anything wrong with otherwise :hihi: ) without actually knowing someone. But I think this same thing is going to be BIG challenge for him when he retires and goes into broadcasting. I just don't think it's in his makeup to criticize someone publicly.

That's a great trait for a human being...not so much when you're a sports broadcaster.

It's Deadspin. Who takes them seriously? The writer can't even form a paragraph. It's all one-sentence, stream-of-consciousness garble. And why criticize Romo for praising Brady? No one ever criticizes him. Like literally never! He's been untouchable since his first SB win. Why call out Romo for doing what every other talking head has been doing for years?

Some stars do not like getting criticized, it seems. Our Drew Brees doesn't like getting called out in film sessions. When a play in which he's done something wrong comes up, the coaches don't say anything, they just rewind and go forward a few times until he tells them "got it." He's the only player who doesn't get direct notes from the coaches during film sessions.
I heard he also spits in Payton's face when this happens.

I heard him say that too, but then he said, "I'm not saying the Bucs are better than the Saints..." then his voice trailed off and I couldn't hear the rest of what he said. I remember thinking that what he just said didn't make sense.
I too heard that. Like you I couldn't make out what he said after cause he mumbled his words.

Deadspin? They were crap before their writers all quit, and the new writers they hired to replace them also suck (I've made the mistake trying to read them recently... ugh).

Pretty much all of GMG is crap, except The Onion. And maybe Jalopnik.

I didn't open and read the article, but I didn't take Romo's call to that extent. He did continuously express that he believed the Bucs would continue to gel and become a force to be reckoned with at playoff time. If he did inordinately criticize coaching or playcalling, I wasn't paying much attention. I generally like Romo callling a game, but like all the color analysts, he talks too darn much.
Why yes...yes it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom