Romo out 6-10 Weeks (1 Viewer)

Romo was pretty much done last year. He has had a couple of injuries in that area of his back. Time to seriously consider retirement.

Grayson for Leary.

Nah, they need a veteran who can read defenses and complete the basic no frills route tree to keep the defenses honest. That screams Luke McCown. I'm telling ya, he'd be a good game manager for them.

You're going to go into a game with a Rookie QB who's looked good in the preseason and no backup.... Sorry but Rookies usually come down to earth once teams start game planning for them. Luke would do well in an offense where he's got plenty of time to throw, a run game to rely on and he can stare down Dez Bryant all day long...

There is a very small chance of them going to the super bowl. How can a rookie QB gain experience? playing. Why waste a year with Luke Mccown when they can develop their QB of the future?

I'm in the "retirement" crowd. Repeated back injuries are nothing to play with.

Nah, they need a veteran who can read defenses and complete the basic no frills route tree to keep the defenses honest. That screams Luke McCown. I'm telling ya, he'd be a good game manager for them.

I'm telling you, there's zero chance Dak Prescott isn't the starter.

They are thinking toward the future and developing him. Not wasting a year with someone like McCown.

They are thinking toward the future and developing him. Not wasting a year with someone like McCown.

I'm not saying they don't start Dak, but you still need a competent NFL backup to come in if the kid face plants and to help break down tape/play sheets etc for the newb. I don't think they have that player on their roster atm.

I agree with you, I see them starting Dak game 1... but they are still in desperate need of a back up. Trading for McCown would be a smart move on their part.

They also need a veteran who knows how to be a back up and can step up if/when Dak falls back to earth. He is still a vastly unknown entity as far as being a starting QB goes, so to have no plan B would be really dumb.

There is a very small chance of them going to the super bowl. How can a rookie QB gain experience? playing. Why waste a year with Luke Mccown when they can develop their QB of the future?

It possibly could be detrimental to his development. Or could expedite it.

The number of times we've seen rookies thrust into the spotlight excel is far outweighed by the numbers of those cast aside after a year or so, or journeying from NFL team to team.

Now, I don't disagree that Dak should start, in fact, I think he's shown enough to earn it in relief of Romo. But it takes a special talent to learn a complex playbook that isn't vanilla, running against vanilla schemes from other teams, in two weeks. It's not impossible: if you can narrow the playbook and divide it up for Dak to prioritize for the next few weeks to work on, it might work.

But that changes their whole development process. Their TEAM development process. Ultimately, the coaches and Jerry :)scratch:) have to make the decision. And quickly. I don't think Dak is advanced enough in their own playbook to have an edge over a veteran QB that's made a long career by learning the book's quickly.

Yup. Romo should have a talk with Aikman and think about getting out while he is still reasonably healthy and able to lead a normal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's already injured his back so many times that I can't imagine it won't give him significant issues as he ages. He needs to call it a career. He could get into broadcasting and do well.

I'd hate to see him crippled. Back injuries are no joke.

Feel bad for Romo, he's had 3 broken backs and like 3 or 4 collarbones. Hard to see him playing much longer.

That being said, Dak will obviously be there starting QB... Their only other healthy QB is Jamiell Showers. :jpshakehead: I wonder if McCown and a 6th rounder would be enough to land Leary? If Brees misses time this year, I want the #1-#5 draft pick in 17. I'm all for going for this if the Cowboys would listen now with a new sense of urgency that's popped up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom