Ron Jaworski on PTI about Drew (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He talked about Drew.

He said that he is having an incredible season, that IF the saints were winning constantly, he should be the MVP of the league.

He also said that on Monday Gruden was raving about the quick release of Aaron Rodgers, he says Drew's is even faster.

Glad to hear some props from a guy who understand the game.

Now it is the responsibility of Payton to do whatever is needed to get Drew this MVP recognition.

My moment of cracking open the sports media universe was when Jaworski was pushed in to spouting off about how Kapernick was going to change the game forever. Not that much of an understatement to say I lost interest in much else beyond the actual broadcast of the game at that point. Glad to hear he says nice things about Drew though.

I saw that and completely agree with Jaws on this one. How are you going to be MVP and finish 8-8 or 9-7? It doesn't work.

He talked about Drew.

He said that he is having an incredible season, that IF the saints were winning constantly, he should be the MVP of the league.

He also said that on Monday Gruden was raving about the quick release of Aaron Rodgers, he says Drew's is even faster.

Glad to hear some props from a guy who understand the game.

Now it is the responsibility of Payton to do whatever is needed to get Drew this MVP recognition.

Glad hes actually moved onto a relevant QB like Drew instead of Kaepernik.

I saw that and completely agree with Jaws on this one. How are you going to be MVP and finish 8-8 or 9-7? It doesn't work.

Mike Trout just won the AL MVP in baseball and the Angels didn't make the playoffs and wasn't close to making the playoffs.

If Drew had something to do with 3 blocked kicks that directly resulted in scores that had massive implications in 3 losses, then I would understand him not being in the MVP conversation.

But he didn't.

MVP is a league wide award given away by the league, and as such, I feel like it should be given to the best player in the league. You want to give it to the "MVP" on the best team? Teams already do that, team by team.

Up to this point, Drew Brees has been the best football player in the NFL, regardless of the Saints' W-L record.

Mike Trout just won the AL MVP in baseball and the Angels didn't make the playoffs and wasn't close to making the playoffs.

Baseball is a different critter. I'm not sure why but I tend to think baseball journalists tend to be more thoughtful in analysis of the game and understand one guy, no matter how important the position, can't do it all. When it comes to football: Saints struggling to win, Brees must be dropping off. And that's not only with Brees and the Saints. The mainstream narrative on Brady a couple years ago had Brady ready for the pasture. Never mind that his O-line was a mess, they had a lot of youth at WR, and the defense was still a work in progress. It's like football journalists are allowed to be lazy.

Though I understand why the award generally goes to the most successful team, I think at some point the voters should realize the best player on the best team is often surrounded by the best talent.

It's kind of like playing RB at Alabama (or LSU when not playing Bama). Sure, the backs have a lot of talent, but man, a lot of us could run through those holes.

He won't have a shot at the MVP unless we win out and make the playoffs, but he should win his third Offensive Player of the Year Award if everything holds.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Baseball is a different critter. I'm not sure why but I tend to think baseball journalists tend to be more thoughtful in analysis of the game and understand one guy, no matter how important the position, can't do it all. When it comes to football: Saints struggling to win, Brees must be dropping off. And that's not only with Brees and the Saints. The mainstream narrative on Brady a couple years ago had Brady ready for the pasture. Never mind that his O-line was a mess, they had a lot of youth at WR, and the defense was still a work in progress. It's like football journalists are allowed to be lazy.

Baseball is a game of stats. It is a game taylor made for stats nerds.

Football...right, wrong, or indifferent, QBs especially are measured by their overall Wins and Losses. Dan Marino will never be considered in the conversation as the all time greatest because he never won a Super Bowl....he is in the argument for being near the top, but will never be the top.

But as you stated, anyone with a brain should be able to see that no one in the league is playing better right now that Drew Brees regardless of W and Ls.

IF the Saints win out (which I think they're totally capable of, but damn do I wish we could have split the Carolina/Denver games) then Drew Brees will very likely be MVP and I think we will contend for the Superbowl.

There's no dominant team in the NFC this season. I know The Cowboys are playing extremely well but their lack of experience will kill them in the playoffs I believe. The NFC is open for the taking if we can slide into the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom