Ron Paul in LA today (2 Viewers)

I'll ask so gavinj doesn't have to: Is he stopping in Jena?

well, he does have a good shot at getting a large part of the Duke vote, given that David is a big supporter of Paul.

Thats cool, he always talks about how poorly Katrina was handled.

That crazy kook thinks federal money would be better spent on levies, roads, bridges and damns rather than blowing up bridges then paying to fix them in Iraq.

That crazy kook thinks federal money would be better spent on levies, roads, bridges and damns rather than blowing up bridges then paying to fix them in Iraq.

what a crazy crazy idea for a crazy crazy man.....

well, he was one of 11 Congressmen (out of 433) to vote against federal money for Katrina victims.

well, he was one of 11 Congressmen (out of 433) to vote against federal money for Katrina victims.

Yep, just another example showing how he holds to his principals.

He feels like it was the job of the government to insure the infrastructure is capable of protecting the people in the first place and the taxpayers in Colorado shouldn't be forced to pay for bailouts for people in New Orleans who chose to live in the area without adequate insurance knowing the risks. He knew the bill was going to pass so he voted against it. He also voted against a bill to have the levees repaired to pre Katrina standards because he thought it was a waste of money to fix the levees to the same level as when they failed. He thought the levies should have been done right the first time. He thinks the state should have the responsibility of fixing the levees in a "perfect world" but since it is not thinks federal money would be better spent on the levies being constructed right.

We both know Louisiana can't afford to pay for the levies. However, if Ron Paul was president we would be able to afford the levies since La would be getting so much money from oil drilled off the La coast. He also thinks it should be the states right to decide who gets to drill and who gets royalties. Amazing how every one of his policies work together.

He also had a huge problem giving the relief money to FEMA so they could distribute it. He thought that most of the money would come up missing in a government program full of bureacracy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul275.html

Last edited:
Yep, just another example showing how he holds to his principals.

He feels like it was the job of the government to insure the infrastructure is capable of protecting the people in the first place and the taxpayers in Colorado shouldn't be forced to pay for bailouts for people in New Orleans who chose to live in the area without adequate insurance knowing the risks.

But if he feels the Government had that responsibility -- and I presume he feels it's a responsibility they failed in -- then can it not be argued that the people affected by Katrina couldn't have known the full risk, i.e., the failure of the Government to adequately construct and maintain the levee system? And if that's the case, the retroactive responsibility of the Government to make it right?

But if he feels the Government had that responsibility -- and I presume he feels it's a responsibility they failed in -- then can it not be argued that the people affected by Katrina couldn't have known the full risk, i.e., the failure of the Government to adequately construct and maintain the levee system? And if that's the case, the retroactive responsibility of the Government to make it right?

I don't know. I do know that he thought money should go to the levees being rebuilt and rebuilt to levels that they became insurance certified so people could afford good insurance after the levees had been built up. He has said a couple times he voted no because of his displeasure of dumping billions of tax payer money into a system that failed and he knew the bill would easily pass. It was just his way of voicing his disgust over the whole thing. The same thing with the relief money. He voted no because he didn't feel as though the money should go through FEMA first. He thought the money should have either been given to the state or directly to the people. He hates FEMA.

Of course, as is usually the case when his district benefits from federal spending, Paul took credit for obtaining Federal hurricane relief funds for his district in the ensuing campaign.

Win/win!

Does RP smoke grass? Has he done many halucinatory drugs in the past?

Serious question.

I posted this video I took from the event in New Orleans. There was over 300 people there. Baton Rouge had over 800. I don't know how many were in Shreveport.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxN4OeSseUM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxN4OeSseUM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This has been edited heavily. If you want to see the entire thing go to

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5472154314238113510&hl=en

I posted this video I took from the event in New Orleans. There was over 300 people there. Baton Rouge had over 800. I don't know how many were in Shreveport.

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxN4OeSseUM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
This has been edited heavily. If you want to see the entire thing go to

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5472154314238113510&hl=en

Thanks! What a great way to start the day:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom