Ron Paul takes 2nd in Nevada (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Don't have a link yet but should soon. Pretty big for Ron Paul and this should really give him a boost both in the polls and with his fundraiser Monday.

I doubt it will do much of anything.

Did any Republican do any campaigning there?

Now if he were to come in 2nd in South Carolina - now there will be some momentum, because that is where the story is.

I like that he's gotten up to 14%. Hopefully he stays there so the media can't spin it into a tie for second with McCain.

There is one thing I'm liking about this primary on the Republican side.

There is no clear winner and it isn't likely that there will be a clear winner after Super Tuesday.

So what does that mean for me? It means Texas becomes the deciding factor. The Texas primary is a full month after Super Tuesday. If the election isn't decided by then, we'll have politicians crawling all over the state. Heck, I've had four calls from the local GOP office asking me to do various things. I think I might actually get to see these guys come here and kiss our collective Texas arses.

I predict that by the end of February, John McCain is seen on the Mexican border with a post hole digger and barbed wire. If the Democratic races are close then you might see Hillary there beside him with Bill driving an excavator. :D

Don't have a link yet but should soon. Pretty big for Ron Paul and this should really give him a boost both in the polls and with his fundraiser Monday.

Beats McCain and Giuliani. Sweet.

But they voted overwhelmingly for another stereotypically lying professional politician in Romney.

With 46% reporting, Paul is pulling in only 4% in South Carolina. In 4th place.

Paul didn't do any campaigning in South Carolina. He figured it was pointless in a state where the Republican voters give Bush a 71% approval rating.

He has more money to spend than all the other candidates heading into Super Tuesday, he should do well in Michigan and other candidates are broke. Hunter dropped out today, there are rumors that Thompson will drop out if he doesn't get top 3 in SC and Giuliani is all but finished. It will be much harder to ignore Paul if he is one of 3 candidates left and a LOT of people can't stand Romney or McCain.

I doubt it will do much of anything.

Did any Republican do any campaigning there?

Now if he were to come in 2nd in South Carolina - now there will be some momentum, because that is where the story is.

Romney and Paul were the only Republican candidates that did meaningful campaigning in NV. I agree that it won't help him much beyond getting more money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom