Ron Paul Video to Supporters..."Winding down..." (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
You have to listen to a long-winded diatribe, but the bottom line is it's OVER.

Ron Paul's Message to Supporters -- March 6, 2008

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/video-network?channel=1&video=139

ABC NEWS
Ron Paul Moves on From Presidential Campaign
March 06, 2008 7:33 PM

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: "Elections are short-term efforts," Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, told supporters in a Web video tonight. "Revolutions are long-term projects."

Paul indicated that the 2008 presidential campaign portion of his revolution is over.

An earlier version of this report indicated that Paul would "drop out" of the race. In the video, Paul did not use the words "drop out," opting instead to say the campaign is "winding down," and he encourages supporters to still cast votes for him. But he referred to his campaign in the past tense.

READ MORE
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/03/ron-paul-to-dro.html

bclemms must be in mourning somewhere, drinking his sorrows away. I'm surprised we've not seen him on this thread yet.

Well, I hope Ron Paul looks at the bright side - 1.5 out of 10 Republicans in Brazoria county thought he would make a wonderful president. lol

He couldn't just give a short, sweet, to-the-point thank you and farewell.

No, he had to go into this dreadfully long, convoluted, beating-his-own drum dialog that would put a fence post to sleep.

Hope I never end up at a commencement where he's the guest speaker. Cripes!

Well we are doomed no matter who wins this election. I will vote for Paul and if his name is not on the ballot it will be written in. I refuse to vote for any of the 3 that will make this country worse off than it is now. These people just want to take more money out of our pockets and America supports that.

bclemms must be in mourning somewhere, drinking his sorrows away. I'm surprised we've not seen him on this thread yet.

Nah, knew it was coming since the newsletters.

I figured I would let the partisan troops have their fun. Nothing brings out the hardcore D and R's like a negative Ron Paul thread.

Last edited:
He couldn't just give a short, sweet, to-the-point thank you and farewell.

I like the part when he talks about his latest book, 'Revolution a Manifesto', and how it's available for pre-order on amazon. Make sure you strap yourself down to your chair before you crack open that thrill ride.

Every time Ron Paul started to say something that had at least some substance he would go off on some wacky tangent. He never seemed to stick to the point. Paul never stood a chance to win the republican party's nod, but I think it would be a mistake for the remaining candidates to completely ignore his supporters. As nutty and sometimes paranoid as they may be, some of Paul's supporters actually make a few good points that no one else is talking about and need to be addressed...a FEW good points. Others are completely whacked.

Hope I never end up at a commencement where he's the guest speaker. Cripes!
I wish he'd do the LSU commencement when I graduate, but I doubt that would ever happen. Stephen Colbert would be another interesting choice. Much better than Dick Cheney:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom