Ron Rivera fired (1 Viewer)

Here comes the copy cat league. Panthers are going to look for a coach and offensive coordinator that runs an offense like the Ravens, lots of running, read option, spread, RPO and occasional play action passes. They are looking at Lamar Jackson and thinking they have one more shot with Cam Newton to win a Super Bowl since his contract is up after next season. They will run cam until the wheels fall off and will likely go undefeated until the wheels come off in week 4.

Most HC candidates are under contract and can't interview for a position with another team until their current team's season is over or in the case of the 2 teams making it to the superbowl the off week before the superbowl. The idea they are getting a jump on other teams for new HC doesn't make sense.

Well Nick Saban doesn't have a lot to do right now. Lol

It’s been rumored for quite some time that this owner was going to go after Mike Tomlin hard.

It’s been rumored for quite some time that this owner was going to go after Mike Tomlin hard.

He can't talk to Tomilin or his agent about Tomlin until his contract expires or he is fired. I personally hope Temper tries to so he gets fined and loses draft picks for tampering.

Wow. I thought they might have given him a year considering Newton's injury. I guess not. So next season, the one true constant in the NFCSouth will be Sean Payton.
Bruce arians is a great coach its jamis winston that's holding him back

Might be something to this rumor posted on the Panthers forum earlier.

6QmKwTD.jpg
Didnt this goober draft tim tebow in the first round?

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Panthers (BetOnline):

Jim Harbaugh +300
Jason Garrett +500
Josh McDaniels +550
Dan Quinn +600
Urban Meyer +600
Greg Roman +1200
Mike LaFleur +1200
Jay Gruden +1400
Doug Marrone +1600
Pat Shurmur +1800
Doug Pederson +2000
Bill Cowher +10000

I would have to think that the Panthers would take a look at the DC for the Niners. Something tells me that guy would be a good HC

Nah I'm pretty sure, he was one of the few minority owners that wanted Tomlin fired for always failing to beat the pats.

Steelers current GM turned down a contract extension last year.

Why would a guy who's been GM for a successful franchise like the Steelers for 20 years all of a sudden turn down a new deal?
Maybe Colbert left the door open to bolt if things went south for the gm/coach of his buddies new team.

Nah I'm pretty sure, he was one of the few minority owners that wanted Tomlin fired for always failing to beat the pats.

Steelers current GM turned down a contract extension last year.

Why would a guy who's been GM for a successful franchise like the Steelers for 20 years all of a sudden turn down a new deal?
Maybe Colbert left the door open to bolt if things went south for the gm/coach of his buddies new team.

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Panthers (BetOnline):

Jim Harbaugh +300
Jason Garrett +500
Josh McDaniels +550
Dan Quinn +600
Urban Meyer +600
Greg Roman +1200
Mike LaFleur +1200
Jay Gruden +1400
Doug Marrone +1600
Pat Shurmur +1800
Doug Pederson +2000
Bill Cowher +10000

Jim Harbaugh to the Panthers? That would be a dream come true. If he coaches them anything like he does at Michigan, they will wish they had Ron back in a heart beat. Please let it happen! Lol.

Jim Harbaugh to the Panthers? That would be a dream come true. If he coaches them anything like he does at Michigan, they will wish they had Ron back in a heart beat. Please let it happen! Lol.

No kidding! And they have quite a few guys on the betting list that haven't been fired yet. Quinn to Carolina and Ron to Atlanta would be ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom