Ron Rivera fired (1 Viewer)

Wow. I thought they might have given him a year considering Newton's injury. I guess not. So next season, the one true constant in the NFCSouth will be Sean Payton.

I think the Panthers made a huge mistake. Rivera is not one of the best coaches in the league, but he's a good coach and I'd say above average. I'd love him as DC in case DA leaves for a head coaching gig, but I see him going to Dallas or another spot as the HC.
He was the one that gave Payton the most trouble. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Saints and Panthers were about even during his tenure.

Weird, I kind of liked him as the Panthers coach. Quotable, pretty good coach, and wasn't afraid to take chances. I don't think he'll be unemployed long.

I'm a bit surprised they fired him this early. Wonder if they have something lined up or did they want to jump into the coaching search ahead of everyone else? Maybe he and Quinn could swap places. :hihi:

I suspect Cam Newton's days in Carolina are numbered. If he's really having problems with his feet, that could be a career ender for him.

Things change fast in the NFL but hopefully ATL and CAR go in full rebuild the next two seasons and we can extend this magical run we are on. Tampa is a wildcard because their rebuilding technically started this season but it starts and ends with whoever their QB is.

Things change fast in the NFL but hopefully ATL and CAR go in full rebuild the next two seasons and we can extend this magical run we are on. Tampa is a wildcard because their rebuilding technically started this season but it starts and ends with whoever their QB is.

It will be interesting to see what the new Carolina coach does at QB.

They wanted to get in on a new head coaching search before Jerry Jones drops the Axe on Jason Garrett.
This crossed my mind. Especially since he can offer more money than Jerry and probably wont hire a staff and still try to make all the moves ala jones.

I think Atlanta and Carolina are in a rebuild for 2 years. For comparison, the next few seasons will be like ‘14-‘16 for us.
As for Tampa, they’ve been rebuilding since Gruden left.

Had a feeling that Riverboat just wasn’t Tepper’s guy. Then, being closer to getting knocked out of the playoffs with that much talent made things worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom