Ron Rivera fired (1 Viewer)

I am pretty sure the Panthers caused us more trouble than any NFC South team with him coaching. I think he was 8-9 in regular season against Saints.

This crossed my mind. Especially since he can offer more money than Jerry and probably wont hire a staff and still try to make all the moves ala jones.
If they’re aiming for Riley, I don’t think they have a shot. There is a lot of overlap of Sooners/Cowboys fans so it won’t be a betrayal. That’ll allow him to keep a relationship with the team unlike when Saban left LSU and instantly became public enemy number one. Add to that, it’s not that much of a culture shock.

I think Atlanta and Carolina are in a rebuild for 2 years. For comparison, the next few seasons will be like ‘14-‘16 for us.
As for Tampa, they’ve been rebuilding since Gruden left.
True. But they also may find the next McVay and change their team's fortunes overnight. You just never know in the NFL.

Might be something to this rumor posted on the Panthers forum earlier.

6QmKwTD.jpg

Wow .. their owner might just be the tough guy (must win) people say he is. I figured Riverboat Ron had enough skins on the wall to at least make it to black Monday but guess not. Will be very interesting to see who they hire next. I heard yesterday, someone on TV, mentioned Rivera could go to the Cowboys next year. Hard to imagine him and Jerry Jones matching up but what do I know.

Uphill battle for the next HC. Their defense is old and lacking depth, OL is a wreck and then you have to figure out what to do at QB.

Makes little sense before the end of the season
It gives Carolina a head start in its coaching search. In their assessment, they will likely be competing with a number of teams seeking coaches at the conclusion of the season, and an early start can be an advantage. IMO it would indicate a larger shake up, ie. Allen is not the answer, Cam is gone, etc.

If Dennis Allen decided to leave for a head coaching job, I wouldn't mind having Rivera as a defensive coordinator. I'm sure he won't be out of a job for long, however.

Well will say Ron Rivera will be a coach next year. He is a good coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom