Ron Rivera fired (2 Viewers)

Rivera brought a lot of success to that team during his tenure. I’m glad he’s out. Even though we had their number for years, they’ve always been a tough hard nosed team that won’t lie down or go away. I hope the new coach commits to Newton for another 5 years.

I think Rivera is a very good coach.

The panthers have been consistent even with an inconsistent quarterback.

I always think you should not fire someone until you know you have a better replacement. We will see....

Surprising move, to be honest, i think Rivera has done a fantastic job with that franchise, including this year, Cam Newton is what has held the Panthers back, not Rivera. I think Temper will regret this move.

Grass isn't always greener, Carolina.

Just imagine if we'd gotten rid of Payton in 2015/2016 (as seemed on the verge of happening). We would've regretted it.

Uphill battle for the next HC. Their defense is old and lacking depth, OL is a wreck and then you have to figure out what to do at QB.

Unfortunately I don’t see the Panthers’ future quite as dark. Allen is a competent QB and McCaffery is an absolute force. Next year the new GM (I won’t be shocked if they go full force after Ireland) will trade Newton for multiple draft picks clearing his salary and gaining them picks. They may lose out which will raise their draft position. So their brand new scouting dept (they fired their whole scouting dept.) should have a bunch of top picks to reload.

The Panthers also got the jump on every team waiting to fire their HC and/or GM (Falcons, Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, etc.). They will get the first run at all the hot Head Coach candidates. I for one won’t be shocked if Riverboat Ron ends up as Cowboys HC next season.

That guy was able to build a winning program with an enigmatic Q.B who cared more about himself than the team. This year until a few games ago he was able to win with an unstated Q.B .

I'm thinking they fired him not due to his abilities but the franchise is looking go in a different direction philosophy wise. Think Carolina is going to hire an up and coming offensive guy and try to attract a potential free agent QB that will be available this off-season.

Surprising move, to be honest, i think Rivera has done a fantastic job with that franchise, including this year, Cam Newton is what has held the Panthers back, not Rivera. I think Temper will regret this move.
As much as I’ve made jokes about Ron, he was the most successful coach the Panthers have ever had. Somewhat consistent always being a threat to the top team in the division that is the Saints, stealing three division titles in a row while in the same division as the HOF duo that is Payton and Brees, and making a Super Bowl appearance.

I think this has more to do with the new owner wanting a completely fresh start with his newly bought team.

Unfortunately I don’t see the Panthers’ future quite as dark. Allen is a competent QB and McCaffery is an absolute force. Next year the new GM (I won’t be shocked if they go full force after Ireland) will trade Newton for multiple draft picks clearing his salary and gaining them picks. They may lose out which will raise their draft position. So their brand new scouting dept (they fired their whole scouting dept.) should have a bunch of top picks to reload.

The Panthers also got the jump on every team waiting to fire their HC and/or GM (Falcons, Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, etc.). They will get the first run at all the hot Head Coach candidates. I for one won’t be shocked if Riverboat Ron ends up as Cowboys HC next season.

You really think the new coach is going to want to pay Allen big money after the season? I would imagine they have to roll with Newton(21 millioncap hit) in the 2020 season.

Things change fast in the NFL but hopefully ATL and CAR go in full rebuild the next two seasons and we can extend this magical run we are on. Tampa is a wildcard because their rebuilding technically started this season but it starts and ends with whoever their QB is.

Tampa is in perpetual rebuild mode.

Wow, that’s a shock. Honestly, I think he’s a decent coach and want him in the AFC.

Me too. Well said. Thx much. If DA leaves for a HC job, any chance we could get Rivera as DC. Can you imagine our team with SP running the offense and Rivera running he defense.

I've never seen Rivera do or saying anyhting I thought was not classy.

I wonder if the Panther FO just delivered the message that Cam will be out QB next year. idk - just making up a story

As much as I’ve made jokes about Ron, he was the most successful coach the Panthers have ever had. Somewhat consistent always being a threat to the top team in the division that is the Saints, stealing three division titles in a row while in the same division as the HOF duo that is Payton and Brees, and making a Super Bowl appearance.

I think this has more to do with the new owner wanting a completely fresh start with his newly bought team.

I agree, And I dont think they will get better. Cam body is starting to breakdown and I feel C Mac will follow suite if they dont get him a decent back up, I honestly feel he should pull a Zeke because hes not going even make it to his big paycheck at this rate. Cam never developed his passing game and Panthers never had a Real threat at receiver since Steve Smith which is crazy. The fact the panthers was doing as well as they were to me was pretty decent coaching and I think they will get worste with their talent and a new coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom