Ron Rivera fired (1 Viewer)

As much as I’ve made jokes about Ron, he was the most successful coach the Panthers have ever had. Somewhat consistent always being a threat to the top team in the division that is the Saints, stealing three division titles in a row while in the same division as the HOF duo that is Payton and Brees, and making a Super Bowl appearance.

Agreed.

I think this has more to do with the new owner wanting a completely fresh start with his newly bought team.

bingo.

I think this has more to do with the new owner wanting a completely fresh start with his newly bought team.

It will be interesting to see if David Tepper is the next Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder ~ very hands on owner.

IMO, he was doomed the moment Newton failed to dive on that fumble in the Super Bowl.

There have been other issues, sure (GM, ownership, aging roster), but they've had one winning season and not won a playoff game since. They were never the same after that, and it's not all on Rivera.

IMO, he was doomed the moment Newton failed to dive on that fumble in the Super Bowl.

There have been other issues, sure (GM, ownership, aging roster), but they've had one winning season and not won a playoff game since. They were never the same after that, and it's not all on Rivera.
Much like the Falcons. Even for the winners, it seems the Super Bowl is the endpoint for a team’s run, except the Patriots. Even the Saints took a few seasons to reload and start the run again in ‘17.

Much like the Falcons. Even for the winners, it seems the Super Bowl is the endpoint for a team’s run, except the Patriots. Even the Saints took a few seasons to reload and start the run again in ‘17.

To be fair, we had help from Gregg Williams late in 2011, and then soon afterwards from the league office.

I agree, And I dont think they will get better. Cam body is starting to breakdown and I feel C Mac will follow suite if they dont get him a decent back up, I honestly feel he should pull a Zeke because hes not going even make it to his big paycheck at this rate. Cam never developed his passing game and Panthers never had a Real threat at receiver since Steve Smith which is crazy. The fact the panthers was doing as well as they were to me was pretty decent coaching and I think they will get worste with their talent and a new coach.

McCallister isn't eligible for a new deal until after next year.

Rivera would make a monster of a DC. He just didn't have the offensive mind to keep up with the NFL, and his choices for OC's were pretty bad. I'd love for him to be in charge of the Saints defense, and hope he ends up in the AFC.

So they made Perry Fewell the interim head coach...
I thought he was the lead singer for Jane's Addiction or something?

At any rate: Cam Newton = Coach Killer :gayheh:

Firing like a hot take is not good for the team, and not good for the reputation of the franchise.

This will make up-and-coming young coaches think twice before hiring on with CAR. I hope the good ones avoid them like the plague.

Retire that Riverboat nickname as of now. Dude made a few 4th down calls to save his job and people deem him a “gambler”. Let me know when he calls an onside kick, right after halftime, in a super Bowl, then we will talk about being a gambler. Literally one of the most unfit nicknames ever

When Tepper purchased the team, it concerned me because of his history with a winning Steeler program. He wants to win. My guess is that the current staff was on the infamous double secret probation and he saw enough to go in a different direction. We're about to find out how good of an owner he is with these next moves.

He may regret not hanging on to Rivera. He was a solid coach.

maxresdefault.jpg

Rivera was solid if not spectacular. You never know what’s going on behind the screens, but I’m surprised he was fired before the end of the season. I don’t see the team disfunction of a Washington/Gruden to suggest parting ways sooner than end of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom