Ron Rivera fired (1 Viewer)

No kidding! And they have quite a few guys on the betting list that haven't been fired yet. Quinn to Carolina and Ron to Atlanta would be ok.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier, but I think NY could be a possibility. The Giants have been mentioned, but the Jets could also be a possibility. Personally, I think I'd rather the Browns or Jets. I think those 2 franchises have enough talent to rebound and actually be quite good. The Giants? I'm not seeing it as much. Sure, they have a young qb and rb, but their defense is some kind of awful.

I really think Ron has a lot of options. He'll be a HC somewhere next season.

Odds to be the next Head Coach of the Panthers (BetOnline):

Jim Harbaugh +300
Jason Garrett +500
Josh McDaniels +550
Dan Quinn +600
Urban Meyer +600
Greg Roman +1200
Mike LaFleur +1200
Jay Gruden +1400
Doug Marrone +1600
Pat Shurmur +1800
Doug Pederson +2000
Bill Cowher +10000

Hopefully it won't be Mike Nolan!

That’s too bad. They should have gave him a couple of years to get things in track. Hopefully the Flacons keep Quinn for a long time! :cool:

Big mistake, he is a good coach. They couldn’t wait till season ends at least .

This has all the earmarks of a philosophical split between coaches and ownership.

My guess is Ron wanted to move on from Cam and the ownership wants to keep him because he puts butts in seats, but we'll never hear the real reasons.

Ron Rivera:

<> First NFCS coach to lead his team to back-to-back division titles.
<> Led his team to the Super Bowl after a 15-1 regular season.
<> In that 15-1 seasons, the Panthers held 9 of 16 opponents to 20 pts or fewer.
<> Outscored playoff opponents 80-39 enroute to SB vs. Denver

We can look at the above stats and say "Wow!" Riverboat Ron was the real deal. Well, if that's the case, we have to say the same about Dan Quinn, who put up equally impressive numbers a couple of years later with the Falclowns (minus consecutive division titles).

Consistency is the hallmark. Can we all say "Thank God for CSP?" :worthy:

:gosaints:

If anyone cares, Rivera was the second most winningest coach in NFC South history after Payton. He was also the one with the second longest tenure after Payton. Again.
Since the 2015 Super Bowl season, Rivera has a 29-31 record, including a 7-15 mark against the NFC South. I'm thinking this factored in heavily in the decision to let him go. I also think a change of scenery would do him a lot of good.

Can't lose to the Redskins, a team that wasn't even trying to win a football game.

That spoke volumes to the GM/Owner.

He had to go.

Ron Rivera:

<> In that 15-1 seasons, the Panthers held 9 of 16 opponents to 20 pts or fewer.

Strange stat to point out as it's not that much of an accomplishment.

As an example the Saints did that in 2017.

I really wasn't expecting this. After all he's done, he's proven he's a very good HC. He lost his QB this year, and the team parted with great players for them like Thomas Davis. I figured there would be some transition for them this year. Dang.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom