Rookie of the Year, Comeback player of the year, Coach of the Year (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Placentia, CA but hometown is Gulfport, MS!
They all reside in NO.

I'm not sure if a team has ever swept all of the major awards....but the Saints are making a strong case for it at the midway point.

ROY to Colston
Comeback player to Brees
Coach to Payton

Brees & Colston both should also be incontention for league MVP too.

What a year!!! Who would have thunk it this time last year.....

:)

equivocator99

Eh, whatever.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees only missed 1 quarter of one game last year. I don't think he's in contention for the Comeback player of the year. I may be mistaken though.

Chairman_LMAO

Cartoonish Supervillain
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
They all reside in NO.

I'm not sure if a team has ever swept all of the major awards....but the Saints are making a strong case for it at the midway point.

ROY to Colston
Comeback player to Brees
Coach to Payton

Brees & Colston both should also be incontention for league MVP too.

What a year!!! Who would have thunk it this time last year.....

I agree. And nobody is going to even be close to Colston. It's already a done deal.

Although Brees might feel the heat a little bit from (Cul)Pepper. :scratch:

OP
longtime lurker

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Placentia, CA but hometown is Gulfport, MS!
Brees only missed 1 quarter of one game last year. I don't think he's in contention for the Comeback player of the year. I may be mistaken though.
He's earned it IMHO...he had a pretty devastating injury and fought hard to get back to this point.

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
comeback player will probably go to Javon Walker for the Broncos. He didn't play last year cause of a knee injury and got traded to Denver. ROY and League MVP should be locks though.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to break the news to you, but so far most of the sports media is giving the 'Coach of the Year' to Lovie Smith.

I still think that Payton deserves it more. :reporter:

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not knocking the Bears, but they've been good for a while they just needed an offense to go with the Defense. It really should go to Payton since we went from a 3-13 team with no home, to Playoff caliber team in one offseason. Payton had a much harder job than Lovie.

sgthompson

Reaction score
All of ESPN agreed this morning that Brees is the best free agent signing for this year. Payton definately Coach of the Year (but Haslett got that award too), and Colston should easily get Rookie of the Year. GEAUX SAINTS !!!!

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
you forgot Rookie coach of the year too.

MVP halfway through is between 3 guys Brady, Manning and Brees

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Not knocking the Bears, but they've been good for a while they just needed an offense to go with the Defense. It really should go to Payton since we went from a 3-13 team with no home, to Playoff caliber team in one offseason. Payton had a much harder job than Lovie.
I agree with you. I always thought coach of the year went to a coach that did the unexpected with his team. Now if the Bears would have gone undefeated then yes, Smith would definitely be coach of the year but they aren't going to do that now. Most people expected the Bears to be a contender, I don't think anyone could have predicted the Saint's success.

Also look at the talent that Lovie Smith has in Chicago. I just feel like Payton has done more with less and that is the sign of a great coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints rookie LB Zack Baun expected to make NFL debut against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints rookie Ruiz likely to debut as starter against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 1, Roach shines, Trautman plays Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Zion Williamson named to NBA All-Rookie First Team Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Offensive line didn't get 4 preseason games to gel and missing its 1st round rookie. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Adam Trautman is the only Saints rookie to dress out for the season opener Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
woohoosaint Congratulations Legatron for being named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Thomas Morstead is NFC Special Teams Player of the Week after stellar Week 1 performance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Through 2 weeks, Saints still haven't protected a practice squad player SR News Page Articles 0
Saints P Thomas Morstead wins NFC special teams player of the week for Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints punter Thomas Morstead NFC special teams player of the week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Poll Which Offensive Player would you like to see more of in coming weeks Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Considering the candidates for offensive player of the year, with a twist Saints RSS News Feeds 0