Rookie of the Year, Comeback player of the year, Coach of the Year (1 Viewer)

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They all reside in NO.

I'm not sure if a team has ever swept all of the major awards....but the Saints are making a strong case for it at the midway point.

ROY to Colston
Comeback player to Brees
Coach to Payton

Brees & Colston both should also be incontention for league MVP too.

What a year!!! Who would have thunk it this time last year.....

:)

Brees only missed 1 quarter of one game last year. I don't think he's in contention for the Comeback player of the year. I may be mistaken though.

They all reside in NO.

I'm not sure if a team has ever swept all of the major awards....but the Saints are making a strong case for it at the midway point.

ROY to Colston
Comeback player to Brees
Coach to Payton

Brees & Colston both should also be incontention for league MVP too.

What a year!!! Who would have thunk it this time last year.....

I agree. And nobody is going to even be close to Colston. It's already a done deal.

Although Brees might feel the heat a little bit from (Cul)Pepper. :scratch:

Brees only missed 1 quarter of one game last year. I don't think he's in contention for the Comeback player of the year. I may be mistaken though.

He's earned it IMHO...he had a pretty devastating injury and fought hard to get back to this point.

comeback player will probably go to Javon Walker for the Broncos. He didn't play last year cause of a knee injury and got traded to Denver. ROY and League MVP should be locks though.

Hate to break the news to you, but so far most of the sports media is giving the 'Coach of the Year' to Lovie Smith.

I still think that Payton deserves it more. :reporter:

mvp=brees
rookie of year=colston
coach of year= peyton
colston,brees,duece,hollis thomas=pro bowl

Not knocking the Bears, but they've been good for a while they just needed an offense to go with the Defense. It really should go to Payton since we went from a 3-13 team with no home, to Playoff caliber team in one offseason. Payton had a much harder job than Lovie.

All of ESPN agreed this morning that Brees is the best free agent signing for this year. Payton definately Coach of the Year (but Haslett got that award too), and Colston should easily get Rookie of the Year. GEAUX SAINTS !!!!

you forgot Rookie coach of the year too.

MVP halfway through is between 3 guys Brady, Manning and Brees

Not knocking the Bears, but they've been good for a while they just needed an offense to go with the Defense. It really should go to Payton since we went from a 3-13 team with no home, to Playoff caliber team in one offseason. Payton had a much harder job than Lovie.

I agree with you. I always thought coach of the year went to a coach that did the unexpected with his team. Now if the Bears would have gone undefeated then yes, Smith would definitely be coach of the year but they aren't going to do that now. Most people expected the Bears to be a contender, I don't think anyone could have predicted the Saint's success.

Also look at the talent that Lovie Smith has in Chicago. I just feel like Payton has done more with less and that is the sign of a great coach.

Steelers will be hungry and ****** off next week. Hope the saints get up on them early.

they will be out for blood next week. Ben just threw another interception

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom