Article Rookie returner Deonte Harris is on pace to make Saints history (1 Viewer)

It worked with Devin Hester, it’s got to be worth a try with Harris.

If you’re going to put TQS out there with the expectation that there’s a good chance the ball will clank off his hands...why not get Harris out there who also has a chance to drop it but also has the potential to take it to the house?

I don't think he's real fast, but he sure sees the holes. He's hard to arm tackle, good lower body strength, running top speed in 2 steps. Reminds me a little of Sproles, just not as quick.
He ran a 4.35 40......

That’s what you call real fast

Deonte Harris needs A LOT more snaps on offense. And not the stupid bubble screen crap that everyone and their mom anticipates, I mean let him run some deep posts and double moves, have him run some quick slants and use his quickness and see what happens. He has the speed where a single missed tackle, a single false step by a DB, and he's gone.

Just like Miami does with Jakeem Grant (btw, comparable sizes.. Deonte at 5'6 170, Grant 5'7 171, & both just absolute burners).. would love to see Deonte at the 3 or 4 blowing by the safeties, all he needs is one move and bye-bye.. Then the next thought is, who is going to get the ball to him that far down the field ??.. Just imagine MT, Ginn, and Deonte' on the field at the same time.. smh.. IMO, pretty sick.

NW.

If you’re going to put TQS out there with the expectation that there’s a good chance the ball will clank off his hands...
Agreed, since he dropped that first target last weekend. Then he got his doors blown off but held onto the ball. Outstanding, but irregular.

SP and the receivers coaches know if/when DH run a route and can catch in traffic. Until then, make me forget the Beer Man!

With all the screens we run I do t understand why we don’t fake more. Either set it up to look like it’s going one way then throw to the other side. Or better yet, have MT, Taysom, and Harris line up in a bunch, fake the WR to either MT or Taysom then throw the bomb to Harris streaking down the sideline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom