Saints Rookie Roots: Story of Saints Draft Pick Adam Trautman (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

Rod and Lori Trautman were surprised, to put it mildly.
What seemed to be a routine dinner with their son, Adam, whom they knew to be a freshman quarterback at the University of Dayton, turned into an admission.
Unbeknownst to mom and dad, and before Adam received a snap, he told them he wouldn't be taking snaps after all. He'd changed positions.
To tight end.
"And I about choked," Lori says now, laughing.
Of course, it wasn't much of a laughing matter then, when – without parental consultation – the middle son of their three boys said that despite him grooming to be a quarterback, setting school records and earning Lake Michigan Conference Player of the Year as a senior at Elk Rapids (Mich.) High, he'd made an executive decision.

I see that this was posted on the home page but no thread was made about it. Anyone else think that the 11 years he played QB before college will help him in the NFL like it did in college? He could also be the emergency QB like Lance Moore was during his time here.

Anyway, just a cool little story about him.

Ah the age-old story of coming out to your parents.

“Mom and Dad, I have something to tell you. I’m a tight-end.”

“It’s okay, son. We still love you. Honestly, we kind of suspected it. We just want you to be yourself.”

“It’s okay, son. We still love you. Honestly, we kind of suspected it. We just want you to be yourself.”
I made the same mental comparison when reading the article. I thought, "Man, it sure is easier to come out as a tight end than it is coming out to announce you're gay."

No doubt itll help him see the field and anticipate whats about to happen as a QB would

so much better to tell them when your still a tight end and haven’t spread all the way to wide receiver. Break them in gradual.

as for the OP, it could help him. But all the guys that make it to this level were top one or two athletes in high school which means a huge number of them were set at QB by default. it’s a good story but I don’t think this is the advantage (though he has many it would seem)

But reading the story - you have to love this kid's football intelligence. They say that having a long history as a QB really helps receivers - helps them be more intuitive about what the QB needs from them.

Very curious to watch his play and development.

I mean who doesn't like a good Tight End?

I see that this was posted on the home page but no thread was made about it. Anyone else think that the 11 years he played QB before college will help him in the NFL like it did in college? He could also be the emergency QB like Lance Moore was during his time here.

Anyway, just a cool little story about him.

Having experience at QB could never do nothing but help.

Especially being a TE, his ability to diagnose defenses should def give him a leg up at the TE position.

I think it probably benefits most, when recognizing zone coverage, and being able to find the soft spots and sit in them.

Can't hurt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom