Rookie TEs over their most recent 6 games (Jimmy Graham at the top of his class) (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
We all know that essentially Jimmy Graham's first 6 games were washed out with that high ankle sprain and not really getting any preseason work. This caused a delay in his ability to even see the field early on as he was simply not ready. His preseason was the first 4 games of the regular season.

So here is the list of rookie TEs over their last 6 games, and Jimmy Graham is at the top of that class in terms of receiving yards. Well done.

1. Jimmy Graham.............. 18 catches, 254 yards, 14.1, 1 TD
2. Ron Gronkowski........... 17 catches, 226 yards, 13.3, 3 TD
3. Jermaine Gresham....... 21 catches, 225 yards, 10.7, 1 TD
4. Tony Moeaki................. 15 catches, 202 yards, 13.5, 1 TD
5. Aaron Hernandez......... 12 catches, 158 yards, 13.2, 4 TD
6. Michael Hoomanawanu 11 catches, 133 yards, 12.0, 3 TD

The one stat I love most is the whopping 14.1 yards per catch (and he let a potential 50 yard catch bounce off his hands in the Dallas game, to boot). As a reference, the great Antonio Gates is 13.2 yards per catch for his entire career. Shannon Sharpe 12.3, Kellen Winslow 12.5, Tony Gonzales 11.7.

UPDATED

Over the past 9 games:

1. Jimmy Graham............. 28 catches, 330 yards, 11.7, 4 TD
2. Rob Gronkowski........... 27 catches, 348 yards, 12.9, 6 TD
3. Jermaine Gresham....... 26 catches, 287 yards, 11.0, 2 TD
4. Tony Moeaki................. 25 catches, 303 yards, 12.1, 1 TD
5. Aaron Hernandez......... 18 catches, 208 yards, 11.6, 6 TD

I would love to see Jimmy become that red zone TD threat. We are missing that from the TE spot.

With Drew at the helm, Jimmy has the potential to be one of the great TE's in the history of the NFL. He can provide this offense with the one thing it doesn't have. A guy running routes who is simply uncoverable. To big and to fast. Antonio Gates is in the conversation with Andre Johnson as a dominant pass catcher who you simply can't cover with any one player. Graham could become that guy.

That said, there is a TON of work left to do to get there.

We all know that essentially Jimmy Graham's first 6 games were washed out with that high ankle sprain and not really getting any preseason work. This caused a delay in his ability to even see the field early on as he was simply not ready. His preseason was the first 4 games of the regular season.

So here is the list of rookie TEs over their last 6 games, and Jimmy Graham is at the top of that class in terms of receiving yards. Well done.

2. Ron Gronkowski........... 17 catches, 226 yards, 13.3, 3 TD
3. Jermaine Gresham....... 21 catches, 225 yards, 10.7, 1 TD

The one stat I love most is the whopping 14.1 yards per catch (and he let a potential 50 yard catch bounce off his hands in the Dallas game, to boot). As a reference, the great Antonio Gates is 13.2 yards per catch for his entire career. Shannon Sharpe 12.3, Kellen Winslow 12.5, Tony Gonzales 11.7.

No big deal, but he is "Rob" not "Ron".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24017

And I think Gronkowski has been the best rookie TE of late. He's really taken the thunder away from Hernandez for the Patriots who was looking great in the beginning of the season. It's just SICK that they have 2 rookie TEs making waves in the same year...

Shaping up to be a great class of TEs from this year's draft.

Hope to see more consistency from Graham and to really provide a reliable RZ target in the next few weeks.

The funny thing is at 18 catches he already has 1 more then he did his entire college career. This kid is has an awfully high ceiling.

Jimmy Graham!

just like saying that during game time when he makes a play.. everyone in the house.. we all shout it out in one word..

JimmyGraham!

The one stat I love most is the whopping 14.1 yards per catch (and he let a potential 50 yard catch bounce off his hands in the Dallas game, to boot)
Not just "WOW!"

grahamwow.jpg

I'm excited because Drew actively looks for Graham as a first option when he's on the field. He's going to develop into a guy that Drew can just throw it up and have him come down with it. This is not a bulky, lumbering TE. He has the speed to stretch the field, which is a match up nightmare for any defender. Defenses are going to have their hands full in the playoffs. This kid is going to be key for us winning another Super Bowl.

2. Ron Gronkowski........... 17 catches, 226 yards, 13.3, 3 TD3. Jermaine Gresham....... 21 catches, 225 yards, 10.7, 1 TD

I would say that Rob Gronkowski is having a better than Jimmy. You can't ignore those 3td's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom