Rookie wide receiver Emmanuel Butler impresses early in Saints training Camp

• Admin
1564345624704.png

By Kristian Garic | WWL Radio

In the first few days of Saints training camp I find myself writing the number 17 down a lot. Emmanuel Butler is the rookie who wears that Black & Gold jersey. The young wide receiver does something noticeable and positive nearly every day. Butler’s not flashy; he’s quiet and humble. All characteristics the coaching staff covets. He’s loud on the field, but only with his playmaking.

In my 11 years of covering Saints football, one fact remains constant; there’s always one rookie who’s a standout, different from the rest. Butler’s that guy. He’s now living up to Sean Payton mini-camp comment, “He’s someone we’ve noticed.” That’s as close to an endorsement a first year pro can get from the Saints head coach.

Another big plus, Butler doesn’t seem overwhelmed with the NFL talent and competition, nor the notoriety. “It’s been a great experience. I’m having a lot of fun. I’m trying to come out here and learn every day,” Butler said of his training camp experience. Emmanuel Butler didn’t just turn it on in training camp, he’s made an impression in OTA’s, mini-camp, and now training camp....

Full Story - WWL Radio

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.