Rookie WR class (1 Viewer)

I agree but the NFL is not going name Thomas over Elliot a Cowboy and Jerry's team OROY.

If Dak keeps winning, I think he gets the OROY, just out of deference to the challenges of playing QB versus running behind that line.

But no Saint would ever win a league-wide award like that. If Drew can't win an MVP, we'll never get a rookie award.

Totally misleading - Treadwell caught his first pass yesterday.

Seriously though, never imagined the Vikings would be this slow in bringing him along.

only way Ezeke Elliot doesn't win it, is if this domestic abuse thing gets any traction.

I believe Thomas is in the running for the OROY. It will be between him and Elliot. Hopefully he can keep balling out and win it. Man! what a gem we have in Michael Thomas.

I love Thomas, but unfortunately (and I'm a Ms State fan) Dac Prescott is the man to beat for ROY this year. Elliot would be second. Id put Thomas third.

Seriously though, never imagined the Vikings would be this slow in bringing him along.

Lol i think you are in the wrong thread with that response

I love Thomas, but unfortunately (and I'm a Ms State fan) Dac Prescott is the man to beat for ROY this year. Elliot would be second. Id put Thomas third.

The interesting thing I've read is Dak Prescot is playing in a scheme where the reads are fairly simple for the QB and of course Elliot is running behind one of the more elite Olines

All in all Thomas has to likely be the more impressive considering the guys around him that could soak up his snaps and the level of difficulty in transcending in this scheme. We've seen several 1st round pick WR's have a minimal impact in this scheme and take time to get going and Thomas has been electric since day 1.

If you were to get into Semantics Thomas is having the more impressive campaign considering the obstacles.

Drafted in the first 2 rounds....

Corey Coleman 7-173-2
Will Fuller 25-375-2
Josh Doctson 2-66-0
Laquon Treadway 0-0-0
Sterling Shepard 34-383-3

Mike Thomas 47-573-5

Tyler Boyd 25-283-0
Leonte Carroo 2-14-0

Yeah baby......Can't Guard Mike!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just throw him the damn ball : <a href="https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike">@Cantguardmike</a> <a href="https://t.co/dhc4201vv0">pic.twitter.com/dhc4201vv0</a></p>&mdash; Chase N. Cashe (@ChaseNCashe) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChaseNCashe/status/795412310349279232">November 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hate to say it but Elliot is on a torrid pace and playing on a Team thats piling up wins. He likely finishes #2 unless they start to falter and we go on a streak but yesterday was a good start.

Got several NFL mobile alerts with Thomas as the topic which means he's getting exposure.

I know that. I just said he's in the running, not that he would win it. He's up against Elliot and Presscott. I believe he will be ranked in the top 3 though. When was the last time that happened to a Saints rookie. George Rodgers?

ROY For Me (Not Gospel, just my opinion) it goes

1) Dak- Dak was the backups backup, and NOBODY predicted he would start this well. He is a top 10 qb in the stats that matter (QB Rating, Completion %, INTs)
2) Elliot- Sure he is playing behind an amazing line, sure he is leading the league in rushing, sure he has a pending abuse case, but the dude has lived up to the hype he came into the league with.
3) MT- If you don't know, you best ask somebody.

He was injured early on but even if he was healthy I don't think he's as good as Thomas even on his best day............:jpshakehead:

We are here talking about having found Colston's replacement and the sad thing to me is he's getting all this attention and Colston never got any.

OROY and Pro-Bowl mentions while Colston had over 1000 yards as a 7th rounder in 06 after coming in out of shape and unheralded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom