Rooting Against my "2nd Team" This Week (1 Viewer)

SaintArchieManning

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have a "second team" they pull for other than the Saints (hopefully it's an AFC team, if you have one :mwink:).

Mine's always been the Oilers (until they moved), and the Texans since they were created.

Aside from this week, I'll root for the Texans- hopefully they'll get their first division title this year.

Who is your "2nd team", if you have one?

I don't understand the concept of a "second team". Never have.

I will conditionally root for other teams if A) We're out of contention and they're playing someone I dislike or B) I need them to beat someone for our benefit. That's strictly a week to week thing.

But I have no "second team."

To each his own, but as far as i'm concerned having a second team is like cheating on your wife. It's just wrong.

my first team = saints
my second team = saints
my third team = saints

...so on an so forth.

I will conditionally root for other teams if A) We're out of contention and they're playing someone I dislike or B) I need them to beat someone for our benefit. That's strictly a week to week thing.

I agree wholeheartedly, and even when I am "rooting" for another team when playing against someone I dislike, for example, the Packers vs the Falcons in last year's playoffs, it's not the same feeling.
The whole "second" team thing - can't do it, because I just don't understand it. Following the Saints is like another job, besides my regular career, and being a husband & father - I don't see how a person has the energy to do it.

My motto basically is, "Screw every other team not named the New Orleans Saints, unless I need them for something."

I don't know why folks act like it is so ridiculous to have other teams that you root for. Most football fans also follow college and gain affinity for certain players and wish them well in the NFL even when those players don't go to the Saints.

I have rooted for the Cowboys (yes, I know most of you hate this non-divisional rival, something I still don't understand), Titans, Chargers, etc..

I guess my second team would be anyone playing the falcons...

As long as there are no conflicts, I root for the Lions (reminds me of the futility we experienced for so many years) and the Texans (if nothing else than to spite the Cowboys). I'll agree with others that it doesn't compare to my Saints, and I'm not sure I could call them "2nd Teams". Its a *meh* kind of hoping they do well. Certainly won't put me on the edge of my seat or get my heart rate up like the Saints.

When I was a little boy back in the 1860's I had to wear glasses. The only footbally player that wore glasses at the time was Bob Greise, so he kinda became my idol. I have been a half-azz Dolphins fan ever since. I later had a mad Dan Marino man crush.

I have no problem whatsoever dumping the Dolphins in favor of the Saints on the rare occasions that we actually play one another. .

I will not ridicule anyone for choosing to root for a second team - my above post isn't doing that. All I am saying is that it isn't for me - no need to get offended if you do it.

I was a fan of the Oilers as well. I moved between New Orleans and Houston a lot as a kid, and my first game was N.O./HOU in the dome in '87.
I've never been able to like the Texans though. What an unoriginal name.

This ^^^^^

It's a team that you "like".

You can be a 100% Saints fan, and still like another team, esp. if its a team the Saints rarely play (an AFC team).

I'm not running around buying Texans jerseys and hats, LOL.

I'm just saying that I like to see them do well, and I think it'd be something incredible if we beat them in the Super Bowl one year. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom