Ross Jackson on Dai'Jean Dixon (new video) (1 Viewer)

I respectfully disagree. I think Deonte Harty is the most explosive WR on the team. IF all goes well, I think he’s gonna “show out” this year!

I have Baker n Kevin White as my 2 WRs who might “surprise” everybody come TC. Both have the talent/athleticism. But when we struggled at WR last year, I thought the opportunity was there for either to step up n compete for playing time, but they didn’t. Another year in da system may well improve their performance/play.
But now wit drafting CO, signing Jarvis, n the return of MT, the WR room has gotten that much deeper!

So we’ll see

Yeah I think that Deonte will take the top off of the coverage and be in a position to make some big plays this season.

Man I love me some UDFA's, but Dixon has zero chance of making the active roster week 1. If he makes the practice squad, that's a huge reason for him and his team/family to celebrate.

Best case scenario is he's worthy of a PS addition, I can't see anybody getting past the top 6 WR's.

1. Thomas
2. Landry
3. Olave
4. TQS
5. Harty
6. Calloway

In no particular number these 6 guys will be making the team, playing and contributing to a WR unit in some way shape or form and not all on offense as a couple of these guys are big ST performers as well as potential offensive producers.
Just wondering if this was on any order because if it is, I would flip 4 and 6. I think Callaway has untapped potential but was thrust until being the #1 WR last year when he clearly wasn't ready for it. But as the 3/4 guy... I like that.

I actually think TQS could be cut if he doesn't show much and others do. Would probably save some money on the cap.

Only shot any WR has to make it on the roster is by being a punt/kickoff returner. This will free up Harty to focus on being a WR. Which probably spells the end of TQS days as a Saint
You don't think ANY WR are gonna make the roster? That will make for some interesting new formations....you know, with no WR.

For Saints fans who’ve never listened to his podcasts, I urge u to! Ross is one of the best! He brings lotsa knowledge about the Saints, both on n off the field, to da table!

I haven’t watched the entire podcast yet, tho I’m about to. But jus listen to the first 3 minutes r so, where he talks about practice squad rules: the total number of players on it, how many vets, how many times can they be elevated to the 53, etc. He delves into these kinda things on a regular on his podcasts, along with tons of stats, facts n figures. N his analysis usually provides some solid reasoning behind it as well!

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
His Locked On Saints podcast is available on Spotify. It's always a good listen.

Just wondering if this was on any order because if it is, I would flip 4 and 6. I think Callaway has untapped potential but was thrust until being the #1 WR last year when he clearly wasn't ready for it. But as the 3/4 guy... I like that.

I actually think TQS could be cut if he doesn't show much and others do. Would probably save some money on the cap.
No it there was no particular order just the top 6 out the bunch to make the team. I respectfully disagree with the "untapped" potential for Calloway as his Cons were on full display last year as he had trouble getting and creating separation.

Came in thinking: Meh... J.A.G. thread. Well, I'm becoming a fan of his! I really like this young man's demeanor in his PD interview, his explanation & confidence in his abilities. To even his Twitter Bio- "Imma Always Be One Of The Last One’s Standing.." I'm hoping he doesn't disappoint & that it'll all work out for him. I'm rooting for the kid.

The thing that worries me is if we put Dixon and Shaheed on the PS, you know some teams will come along and poach these guys. I wish they would IR them both like Payton would do with players who he knew had potential and didn't want to lose them to another team. I really like these two guys and don't want some other teams getting them.

Yep. Like I said, that 16 player PS will b a difference maker for some players. This will b huge esp at the WR spot.

IMO, the first WR I wanna see is Rashid Shaheed. The UDFA was a helluva KR/PR in college n some say he’s got lotsa potential as a WR too! But as far I know, he’s still recovering from an ACL.So we may have to wait n see in him.

In no particular order, my next 3 WRs to watch are Dixon, Kirk Merritt, n Easop Winston. Of the 3, Dixon is the tallest. Merritt might jus be the most athletic, with a 4.33 forty n 45 in vert, n at about 6’0, n 210 lbs, is built more like a RB. Winston has a nice combination of speed/quickness n might b the most polished route runner of the 3.

It’ll b interesting to see if they, or another WR steps up in TC to fight for a job!

We’ll see!
You're not the 1st person I've heard say this about Merritt. I don't know ANYTHING about the guy, but like what i HEAR. He sounds like a younger Ty Montgomery, a WR/RB hybrid. I like the versatility of hybrids, but the trade-off is that they're not exceptional at either (otherwise, they wouldn't be hybrids). So considering our plethora of options at WR, and lack of depth at RB, I've got to ask "is Merritt an option to backup Kamara?" Why or why not?

No it there was no particular order just the top 6 out the bunch to make the team. I respectfully disagree with the "untapped" potential for Calloway as his Cons were on full display last year as he had trouble getting and creating separation.
Hey, this is the internet. There's no room for respectfully disagreeing with people... lol.

I'm not saying he'll be a number 1 anytime soon but I think he could develop further into a solid 2/3/4 guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom