Ross Martin Ex Duke K (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Some sites and scouts had him rated as the second best kicker in the draft. I'd love to bring him in, if the Jets cut him.

We had a good one in camp last year but decided on Hocker. Hopkins was 25 of 28 last year. Hopkins was a all American at FSU more times then not if they were consistent in college it usually translates.

I have little dought Martin will be a very good FG kicker. Only
Knock is hang time on kickoffs. Teams worry about inexperience and what they may can't do then what they can. I for one want to quit holding my breath on FG

Pretty sure their fans aren't too keen on Martin. He's been missing FGs. If he was on our team, people would be crying for him to be cut.

Grass is greener and all that.

We had a good one in camp last year but decided on Hocker. Hopkins was 25 of 28 last year. Hopkins was a all American at FSU more times then not if they were consistent in college it usually translates.

Your right, but it's all just water under the bridge now ... let it go ...

He might have bounced back. I was going from the start of preseason through some Jets reddit game threads. Some were saying "Ross Martin must not want to make the team." "I'd hoped he'd be our future kicker" and the like.

Maybe he's got it together since. But eh. We'll see.

And if Jets decide to go younger and cheaper with Martin that makes Folk available. Something to keep a eye on

As a Duke guy myself, I was really hoping we might bring Ross Martin in somehow. He'd be the first Duke player we've had since John Farquhar.

As a Duke guy myself, I was really hoping we might bring Ross Martin in somehow. He'd be the first Duke player we've had since John Farquhar.

I remember Farquhar lol. He is a good consitent kicker. I know there is more to it then I know. I know football but the facets of the kicking game not in tune with like ball projectory anr kicking motion. But he's never had a kick blocked including high school. I see potential upgrade as well as long term solution. That's win win in my veiw

He is looking just as solid in camp as veteran Nick Folk and he just booted a 55 yarder. Folk will probably get the nod and he be put on the waiver wire. I wouldn't hesitate.

Watch New York Giants vs. New York Jets [08/27/2016] - NFL.com

Consistent K since high school
Nah, go get Brad Craddock from Maryland. Because I hate Duke.

Non sequitur for the day--Maryland and Va Tech fans commiserating via Washington Post website on their respective team's poor fortunes during Maryland's last year in the ACC. Maryland had beaten Va Tech but neither fan base was feeling superior. A UVA fan chimes in "The sad fact is that Duke has a better football team than Maryland, Virginia, or Va Tech, and that makes me want to kill myself" Well said.

Craddock is a better kicker since he did his thing as part of a worse team :hihi:

K- Ross Martin cut

I can't get a copy and paste to work on the phone. It's on NFL.com I know a lot of folks here wanted him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom