Roster/depth needs left to fill 3-28 (1 Viewer)

#2 Nose tackle

Im still not understanding where this idea that we need a #2 DT when we have Bunkley and a 6'5 325+ pounder in Hicks.. I can understand the need for depth with maybe a late pick or UDFA but we're good at DT minus those 2.. I think a 3-4 DE to take Smith's place and play opposite of Cam down the line is more pressing

Im still not understanding where this idea that we need a #2 DT when we have Bunkley and a 6'5 325+ pounder in Hicks.. I can understand the need for depth with maybe a late pick or UDFA but we're good at DT minus those 2.. I think a 3-4 DE to take Smith's place and play opposite of Cam down the line is more pressing

We also have tyrunn walker at DT

It wouldn't surprise me to see the team go to camp with Charles Brown at LT. As a 2nd round pick groomed for a couple years, its time to see if he can fill the job or not.

If not, they can make a trade/sign a stop-gap vet.

this is probably the first draft where i wouldnt care who they drafted as long as it was BPA.. theres certain positions where i think an early pick would be wasteful at this point (OLB, RB, TE, DT) but any other position i'll trust their judgement.. what i'd like to see is, we fall back to the best position for us to pick a Safety and use Harper more for situational purposes

I would add a deep-threat WR to our list of needs...third biggest area of need, in fact, behind LT and CB.

Everything Im seeing is Hicks will be our starting RDE so if not a backup NT then we will need another DE. It will be easier to figure out once the next Dlineman is brought in but the Saints are looking at Vaughn Martin and his best season was when he was playing NT.

LDE Jordan, Smith
NT Bunkley
RDE Hicks, Johnson, Walker

Agree with the list. I think we need a backup nose for Bunkley because I also see Hicks as the DE, thoughi like the idea of shifting him to nose on passing downs and bringing Smith in at RDE. But we'd still need someone for depth behind Bunkley in case of injury, unless Walker can cut it.

Left tackle competition with Brown, and another CB are easy ones. And while i'm not sure it's needed, we'll being in a receiver I'd think.

The only one I really prefer in free agency over the draft is backup for Brees. Maybe it's the mediocre class, but I'd feel better with a veteran there.

Draft BPA of course

Exactly Rob Ryan didn't have huge NT in Dallas. Jay Ratliff is only 305. Saints have more pressing needs like CB, S and OLB. BPA might just be the route the Saints go in the draft. Nobody knows how our current roster player will perform in the new 3-4 defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom