Roster Moves to save Money (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know SP said he sees a role for vilma but idk if i truely believe it, anyways i'd love to have vilma as a linebackers coach but I was thinking to save a ton of money

release:
vilma
harper
smith

This will save a rediculous ammount of money and we could possibly bring in people like larry grant, victor butler, shaun phillips, anthony spencer or whoever.

also by releasing harper IAQ would be our new starting SS, he can cover, he can tackle, and he can lay the wood, i hope he gets a chance

RDE cam jordan
NT bunkley
LDE Hicks
WOLB gallette/ and maybe someone like mingo or jarvis if they fall
SILB Lofton
WILB Larry Grant/Hawthorne
SOLB anthony spencer or victor butler and if neither martez wilson

David Thomas should be released as well. An aging injury prone TE at 2.2 million is a luxury we can't afford. Releasing him saves about 1.7 milllion.

Will Herring has a cap figure of 1.9 million and releasing him saves 1.6 against the cap.

PT is 2.5 and 2.1 of it is salary. I want him here but we can convert that salary to bonus and save a lot against the cap.

We have a lot of no brainer moves we can make to free up a lot of money.

There are many guru's here that would still have Deuce starting, even if he needed a walker, and Dombrowski anchoring the line while collecting Social Security. The fact is that outside of Lofton our entire back 7 are terrible. Some may have to survive simply because of numbers but, if possible, most won't be here next year or the year after at the latest.

There are many guru's here that would still have Deuce starting, even if he needed a walker, and Dombrowski anchoring the line while collecting Social Security. The fact is that outside of Lofton our entire back 7 are terrible. Some may have to survive simply because of numbers but, if possible, most won't be here next year or the year after at the latest.
I have no idea why people want to hold on to lots of defensive starters of the worst defense EVER. I mean..cmon. Even changing to a 3-4 it's not like we're transforming awful players to all-pros.

Wow any one who think releasing vilima is crazy that's would be like The raven releasing ray lewis he is a leader in the locker room and on the field but Harper yeah he can go, P.Thomas we keep I can see chase running his own offense and being very good but Jenkins let's give him one more year to step up and how no one is asking drew to restructure his contract he's the one that's sucking up all the cap space

Release PT? No thanks.
Don't think are many players who have put on the black and gold over the past 20 years who have more heart and character.

Under no circumstances should we release PT IMO. I just said convert his salary to bonus to free up cap space this year. He makes the same amount and we spread it over 3-4 years.

Wow any one who think releasing vilima is crazy that's would be like The raven releasing ray lewis he is a leader in the locker room and on the field but Harper yeah he can go, P.Thomas we keep I can see chase running his own offense and being very good but Jenkins let's give him one more year to step up and how no one is asking drew to restructure his contract he's the one that's sucking up all the cap space
The ravens have kept lewis because he's been the best mlb or right up there for, like, more than a decade. Vilma has NEVER been anything even remotely close, please don't start comparing the two.

It's good to have a leader and so on, but a leader who can't play is USELESS. Did you see the giants saying "please come back even if you're not good enough and oft injured" to antonio pierce? I didn't. And he was 10 times the leader vilma has been to us, please.

The ravens have kept lewis because he's been the best mlb or right up there for, like, more than a decade. Vilma has NEVER been anything even remotely close, please don't start comparing the two.

It's good to have a leader and so on, but a leader who can't play is USELESS. Did you see the giants saying "please come back even if you're not good enough and oft injured" to antonio pierce? I didn't. And he was 10 times the leader vilma has been to us, please.

Ray Lewis is almost crippled and is way better than anyone we have. It is quite sad actually.

Did you really just compare J.Vilma to R. Lewis wow that's a headscratcher.

David Thomas should be released as well. An aging injury prone TE at 2.2 million is a luxury we can't afford. Releasing him saves about 1.7 milllion.

Will Herring has a cap figure of 1.9 million and releasing him saves 1.6 against the cap.

PT is 2.5 and 2.1 of it is salary. I want him here but we can convert that salary to bonus and save a lot against the cap.

We have a lot of no brainer moves we can make to free up a lot of money.

Thomas has value to us, but I would approach him about a pay cut. If he is not agreeable, I would say we would have to part ways with him. I am surprised Herring is still here. That is the biggest no brainer of all. PT worries me. I still think he is our best all around RB. However, with the staff's apparent love of Ingram, I can see them trading him for a conditional pick just to slice his salary. I sure hope not. Vilma makes way too much and I do not see him fitting in the the 3-4. We could save nearly $6 million by releasing him. As much as I like Vilma, he simply is not worth the money at this stage of his career. The same holds true for Smith.

U cannot get rid of PT, he is clutch and the best RB on the team, people to get rid of are harper vilma smith, restructure greer, get rid of shanle, cassillas (has no place in a 3-4) actually Casillas could play SS with his elite speed and Rob Ryan's Scheme of blitzhing his SS 50% of the time, i could actually go for this

The thing is Sean is only going to talk about the players he has at this point. He's not going to talk about some free agents or draft picks he might get. Once the draft is over he'll have a different plan altogether and another different one after training camp and another one after preseason.

U cannot get rid of PT, he is clutch and the best RB on the team, people to get rid of are harper vilma smith, restructure greer, get rid of shanle, cassillas (has no place in a 3-4) actually Casillas could play SS with his elite speed and Rob Ryan's Scheme of blitzhing his SS 50% of the time, i could actually go for this

Maybe Galette can play safety too since according to the guru's on this board Harper is great due to his sack totals two seasons ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom