Rosvoglou: Saints Could Be A Landing Spot For Carr (1 Viewer)

Has seemed the most likely/logical move since the Raiders benched him. He’s a good QB so I’m fine with it, the concern is he feels like the classic purgatory quarterback. Good enough to get you in the playoffs and win you a game but not good enough to take you to a Super Bowl. Would also remove any chance of a top 5 pick next year.

I guess the question is whether he could make a Stafford like leap as their careers are similar. The below tweet is very interesting, our current O-Line and defense would probably be the best he’s ever had. If we had a better HC or OC, I’d be more excited but he’d be a solid signing and a big upgrade on Dalton.

I would love to draft a QB instead of these retreads, but this year may not be the year to draft one. I like Hendon Hooker though.

Carr wouldn't be a bad signing... I'd prefer Carr over Dalton.
There’s a level of QB that is rarely talked about.
A QB that is consistent, stays on the team for a about six or seven years while making a few playoff spots.
When Carr is out of Vegas, he is that QB.
Won’t be a long term franchise QB (I think he has 8 seasons max) but he’ll keep the team at a steady pace.

Say what you want about Carr... He's no elite player or young guy with potential... He is (however) better than both Dalton and Winston by a pretty wide margin. I could deal with having Carr as the starter here, and I think we could be competitive with him in our currently super-weak division... I'd still want us to draft a young QB pretty high to sit behind him and develop into the starter and replace him by year 2. I could live with that given this roster, these coaches, and this division.

Last edited:
I would love to draft a QB instead of these retreads, but this year may not be the year to draft one. I like Hendon Hooker though.

Carr wouldn't be a bad signing... I'd prefer Carr over Dalton.
I am OK with getting a guy like Carr, if we don't pay too much, while also investing in a guy like Hooker in round 2 or 3. I don't however want to get him via trade, Carr that is. We should wait until to see if he is released and then compete reasonably for him.

I think Saints fans are the only fan base who is deathly afraid their team will get to the playoffs in 2023. It’s weird.

*edit* yes I’m for getting Carr if it’s reasonable. I’m all for getting better and not being forced to reach for a QB or trotting out Dalton again.

Yeah, Im not too thrilled with the idea of taking on a bunch of cap space in a QB on an old team that needs to pare down the cap and rebuild. It just seems like where Carr is at in his career and where we are as a franchise, along with the coaching and cap problems - the time seems wrong for it.

But its interesting that if we make a run at Carr, the greatest position of need on offense is, exactly what Michael Thomas was. That ship sailed, I get that. Theres no question we have a RB problem, we need a more well rounded TE, a LG - but this offense desperately would need a Michael Thomas/Colston type receiver if we want any chance of sustaining drives. If we do get Carr, that changes 2023 from a rebuild, to piece this together and see what happens. I think you have to focus the draft on doing what it takes to grab the best WR to fit that mold.

I dont see Olave as a true WR1. He is more a WR2+. Shaheed is similar. We need a big, physical guy who can catch in traffic. A slant boy.

I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in Carr. This QB class just isn't doing it for me. Especially not for our offense. Levis, Richardson, and Hooker might go boom in the right system but Pete doesn't run that system. But I can see Carr coming in and at least being able to put some drives together and score some points.

There seems to be two schools of thought amongst Saints fans. Some want to get the best vet QB possible and make a run at the division. Others want to trot out whatever the Saints can scrounge up and make a run at top 5 pick. I don't think that's possible.

We can all agree that DA doesn't seem to be an awesome HC but with a healthy roster the team has too much talent to finish with 4 or 5 wins. I mean, they almost went to the playoffs this year with an all star injury report and Andy Dalton playing QB. There's no way they have a historic amount of injuries for third year in a row and I'm assuming they'll bring in a few good players via free agency and the draft. Throw in a capable QB like Carr and they might dominate the division.

atleast if they sign Carr, he would be good for a number of years, so they wont have to reach for a qb this draft, since their pick is late first, they could get some more offensive help with the first 2 picks ( RB/WR/OL ) and best available for the rest, and if they tank again theyll have a high pick for next year to get a rookie qb in here to groom a couple years behind Carr. maybe resign Dalton as a cheap backup to Carr this year..

My main concern is he will not be cheap, and we're talking about the mid-tier: Dak, Cousins qb. However, he's better than we have now and Allen's only hope to save his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom