Rosvoglou: Saints Could Be A Landing Spot For Carr (1 Viewer)

Allen and Carr sure had a great thing going on with the Raiders back then didn't they.
With terrible defenses and barely any talent on that side during those 3 years besides Khalil Mack. Carr’s never had a top 10 or even top 20 defense throughout his entire career. I think he’ll push us to at least 3 more wins.

I’m curious to see what effect can Carr have on Juwan if we get him. Waller became a top 5 TE with Carr as an undrafted WR-turn-TE. And Juwan had a 500+ yd/7 TD season with Dalton as QB. If we get a great WR2 to go with Olave, Shaheed, Juwan and Kamara, I think this offense will become lethal again with Carr.

My strong preference is to go young at QB. However, if the Saints do have interest in Carr, I hope they are smart enough to wait until he is released. There is no reason to trade any assets for him.
This all day.
If we give up our first I might need to take an extended hiatus from Saints football until new management is in place
Agreed. Why in the world would anyone trade assets for a player who everyone knows is going to be released in mere weeks?

My main concern is he will not be cheap, and we're talking about the mid-tier: Dak, Cousins qb. However, he's better than we have now and Allen's only hope to save his job.
If we get him, we would totally restructure the contract so we wouldn't take a huge cap hit his first couple of seasons.

That's not feasible due to Carr's contract, which is cost prohibitive: Derek Carr Contract Breakdowns.

My assumption is that Carr would be cut by LV... Then signed to one of Loomis' patented 2 dead years deal... Not traded for under his current deal. I am not at all in favor of trading for Carr under his current deal (unless is were for minimal compensation, and reworked immediately)

I'm torn on this. I've been saying to draft a QB next year, build on what we have this year and let Dalton carry us through. Get a mid round pick and do whatever necessary to jump up and get Williams or Maye.
However, I was super high on Matt Leinart over Drew Brees, ha! What is Carr is our next Drew? For all the hate Pete has received, was he calling plays due to the restriction at QB we had last year? I think some of that plays in to it, but then he did only call 5 screens the entire year...
Like I said, I'm torn. Carr is good enough to come in here with the weapons we have and get us to 10 wins a season, but is he capable of getting us to the main goal? Are we mortgaging our future possibility with Williams or Maye for 8 more years, give or take, of being right on the cusp with an average to good QB in Carr?

Joe Woods/Carr is very nostalgic for Allen
Yeah i'm not against carr by himself but i can't understand why he would want to revisit everything that has already been proven to not work. It's weird and goes along with his keep doing what you're doing mentality though.

I like Carr (assuming he'll be cut.)

Finding an upgrade over Dalton, either somewhere in the draft where we don't have to give up picks to move up or in FA (without breaking the bank, which signing Carr would do), is very doable since Dalton's performance last year didn't set the bar very high.
I get what you’re saying, but who actually fits this bill??

Interesting discussion from Nick and Trip on the pod today. Obviously they talked about the buzz surrounding Carr and the Saints at the senior bowl.

But they also said the Saints don’t see much value in the day 2 and beyond QBs in this draft. They like the top 3 guys and think value would be good in the top 5 picks. But behind that, it doesn’t sound like the Saints love the McKee/Hooker/Heaney tier.

Last edited:
Interesting discussion from Nick and Trip on the pod today. Obviously they talked about the buzz surrounding Carr and the Saints at the senior bowl.

But they also said the Saints don’t see much value in the day 2 and behind QBs in this draft. They like the top 3 guys and think value would be good in the top 5 picks. But behind that, it doesn’t sound like the Saints love the McKee/Hooker/Heaney tier.

Interesting. I'm not sold on any of the top prospects so I don't love hearing this. I am hoping the Saints see some value down the draft.

Edit - Let me clarify. If we were currently in a position to take one of the top QBs, that would be one thing, but I'm not sold enough on any of them to want the team to have to make a move up to get one.

Interesting. I'm not sold on any of the top prospects so I don't love hearing this. I am hoping the Saints see some value down the draft.

Edit - Let me clarify. If we were currently in a position to take one of the top QBs, that would be one thing, but I'm not sold enough on any of them to want the team to have to make a move up to get one.
Yeah, it’s a bummer to hear because there are a couple of prospects with high ceiling, low floor potential that I’d like to see if we could maximize their potential.

I guess it’s better than marrying yourself to someone you’re not convicted about.

I know a lot of people are not sold on Carr, but if we can get him with a reasonable deal, I would be all for it.

He’s a high character guy, he’s talented, he’s coachable, and his teammates love him. Davante Adams left HOF Aaron Rodgers to go to Raider purgatory just so he could play with Carr.

If needed, he can be the bridge QB for the next few years while we look for our next young franchise stud. I’m cool with it.

Free agent deal. Sure. Trade defiantly no. This team IS NOT a QB away from competing. Trading and even for the most part signing someone like Carr says this team and its brass is in denial about how poor this team actually is. They fooled themselves last year please don’t do it again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom