Rosvoglou: Saints Could Be A Landing Spot For Carr (1 Viewer)

Every qb coming to the Saints will be measured against Bree’s. Which is tough for fans, coaches, and players.

Say what you want about Carr... He's no elite player or young guy with potential... He is (however) better than both Dalton and Winston by a pretty wide margin. I could deal with having Carr as the starter here, and I think we could be competitive with him in our currently super-weak division... I'd still want us to draft a young QB pretty high to sit behind him and develop into the starter and replace him by year 2. I could live with that given this roster, these coaches, and this division.
Yes to all of the above.

I'd be cool with the Saints trading their 1st this year for Carr and the Raiders' 2024 1st round pick.

That would stabilize the QB position without having to compete in FA for one and give the Saints a better chance at one of the top QB's in the 2024 draft.
I'd need to think about this, but I think I could get on board with this.

Carr is pretty much DA's only hope of not getting fired after 2023 season. DA cannot afford his job on a rookie qb or even Dalton/Winston again.
I think it is more hope of Carmichael having some sort of offensive play calling epiphany, but I also think Carr wouldn't hurt.

Im fine with Carr IF getting him does not require giving up draft picks AND does not stop the FO from drafting a quality QB in the next 1-3 years. I’m less worried about the financials, and more worried about them relying too long on Carr before drafting the future.

Saints are closer to a Playoff team than a Tank team. Despite our injuries in the last two years, Saints were on the verge of making the Playoffs both years. Our Defense is good enough to make a Playoff run. I say if the trade compensation is cheap enough (4-6 round draft pick in return), lets roll with Carr. Cut JW, draft a QB and roll the dice.
Sure we will be salary-cap hell but I trust ML to wiggle them out from it again.

My assumption is that Carr would be cut by LV... Then signed to one of Loomis' patented 2 dead years deal... Not traded for under his current deal. I am not at all in favor of trading for Carr under his current deal (unless is were for minimal compensation, and reworked immediately)

Saints better not give up anything for a guy that’s about to get cut. At worst a late round pick. Nothing early or mid though for him.
Carr has a no-trade clause in his contract. He can tell the Raiders he will waive it only for the Saints.

The Raiders are 99% certain to cut Carr in the next two weeks or they are on the hook for over $40 million.

The Saints, if Carr agrees to only waive his no-trade clause for a trade to the Saints, can send the Raiders a 6th round pick next year that can escalate to a 5th if he plays in 50% if the snaps and a 4th if he gets to the playoffs. It saves face for the Raiders.

Waiting until he's cut opens the door to a possible financial bidding war with other teams.

Loomis can work a contract with void years if Carr is agreeable and Carr can get the same money the Raiders were going to pay him.

Carr us WAY BETTER than any rookie the Saints could possibly draft this year.

This team can win if they get Carr and avoid a crazy number of injuries.

So you don't think Carr in 2021 would equal 1 more win or 1-2 more wins in 2022? That's all it would've taken.
I'd be excited to see what an offense with the addition of Carr, Gibbs/Spears, Kamara, Olave, Shaheed, Johnson and a TBD contested catch receiver could do.

While I think Carmichael hurt us by trying to get to cute and he had some questionable personnel packages, I can't help but wonder how much of it was being hamstrung by Dalton. After the two pick sixes against Arizona he completely took any risk off the table. WR's had to be wide open for him to throw their way and he'd still sometimes opt for the checkdown, zero ability to avoid a pass rush, designing an offense around him must have been hell.

Or.....you let LV release him, hold on to your 3rd.....and work out a new deal.
Well that’s perfect scenario but then we have to compete for his services but I guess he’s gonna choose where he wants to go anyway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom