Rosvoglou: Saints Could Be A Landing Spot For Carr (1 Viewer)

There’s a level of QB that is rarely talked about.
A QB that is consistent, stays on the team for a about six or seven years while making a few playoff spots.
When Carr is out of Vegas, he is that QB.
Won’t be a long term franchise QB (I think he has 8 seasons max) but he’ll keep the team at a steady pace.
Indeed. That’s why It’s all about the cost for Carr, both in picks and salary cap.

Unless the Raiders asking price is a 3rd or less, no thank you, but I fear that the team will overpay to avoid a complete reboot. I’d much prefer the reboot and the uncertainty (and hope) of a rookie QB.

I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in Carr. This QB class just isn't doing it for me. Especially not for our offense. Levis, Richardson, and Hooker might go boom in the right system but Pete doesn't run that system. But I can see Carr coming in and at least being able to put some drives together and score some points.

There seems to be two schools of thought amongst Saints fans. Some want to get the best vet QB possible and make a run at the division. Others want to trot out whatever the Saints can scrounge up and make a run at top 5 pick. I don't think that's possible.

We can all agree that DA doesn't seem to be an awesome HC but with a healthy roster the team has too much talent to finish with 4 or 5 wins. I mean, they almost went to the playoffs this year with an all star injury report and Andy Dalton playing QB. There's no way they have a historic amount of injuries for third year in a row and I'm assuming they'll bring in a few good players via free agency and the draft. Throw in a capable QB like Carr and they might dominate the division.

The 2nd school of thought is purely fan fiction. Loomis/Allen would never go this route. Our players would never go this route.

My strong preference is to go young at QB. However, if the Saints do have interest in Carr, I hope they are smart enough to wait until he is released. There is no reason to trade any assets for him.
We need to use every pick to build up this roster, from reshaping the defensive line, to strengthen the interior of the offensive line and adding skill players behind starters like Kamara and Olave and also adding a young quarterback to groom behind whatever FA QB we bring in to bridge the gap.

This Team has not had a healthy season in a few seasons and until we have a relatively healthy season we really will not know how this Team will look under the vision and leadership of DA, Loomis and Ireland, but one thing is for certain and that this Team is not good enough to mask the growing pains of having a rookie starting at QB though one needs to be drafted/added.

The 2nd school of thought is purely fan fiction. Loomis/Allen would never go this route. Our players would never go this route.

Somehow people don't seem, or want, to factor in how finite an NFL career really is when they suggest that. It's a great strategy for a video game or a computer simulation but it completely disregards the human element of things. None of these guys have a guaranteed future in the league, whether it's because of poor performance they never recover from, a bad injury, perception of attitude, etc. The idea that they'd willingly punt a year to pin their hopes on a rookie QB who may or may not ever adapt to the league, and who will likely need 2-3 himself even if he is good enough to fully make that transition, is ridiculous.

On topic - I've never been a huge Carr fan but I think he's an upgrade on what we have already at the position from that standpoint in theory it makes us better. That said it depends on the contract he gets, I'd feel a lot better about signing Carr if we were using him as a transition guy more so than thinking he's going to be here for the next 5-8 years. Carr plus one of the project rookies (AR is the most talked about, I'm sure there are others that I don't know about) would be fine by me. Carr on a long term deal, no thank you.

YES YES and YES!!!! Make it happen loomis!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom