Rotoworld Free Agent Rankings (1 Viewer)

Considering my theory that we can't afford big salaries, and I would prefer not to sign anyone over 26 years old, my main candidate will be Louis Delmas.

This guy can make an impact immediatelly. He got lost on an awful secondary in Detroit, but the guy can play.

I am not sure how much money will he commend, but I presume it will come cheaper then Byrd or Godson. Any of those will be my choice if we can even afford a free agent.

May be a good year to sign a free agent safety, the tag for the position, according to Ian Rappaport is $6.79 million, so I think a good deal can be structure with a solide player.

Link of the tag:

Franchise tag numbers tentatively set; 2013 cap near $121M - NFL.com

Delmas is also the heart and soul of that defense, unquestionably the leader on a team with an all star defensive line. Jim raves about him and his impact during his weekly interviews on Sirius. It's hard to see the Lions letting him go, but I would definately prefer him over Harper. Hell, I'd fire Roman and give Delmas his money. Then I'd see if Roman wanted to come back for much cheaper after testing the market. He's a one trick pony and I'll never understand why they gave him such a big contract. I know what SD paid Weddle, but the two aren't even close in grade.

Also to consider is that although the new TV deals take effect in 2014, the cap does not see the increase until 2015. The formula they use to set the cap takes the revenues from the season that just ended. Hence, 2015 cap will be figured with the 2014 revenue. So that means TWO more years of a stagnant cap @ around $122 million.

I only bring it up because most of us are thinking how the TV money doubles in 2014 will help us to pay someone low this year with a big salary next year. That won't be possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom