Rotoworld reporting Thomas going to combine to meet with Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

"Zach Thomas is headed to the combine to meet with the Cowboys today.
Thomas wasn't supposed to meet with Dallas until after the combine, but he has two offers on the table already, and he should also be able to meet with Houston's staff in the same trip."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Could his signing happen this weekend if he does go up there to meet with teams :dunno:

Last edited:
I would think the Cowboys are the last serious contender for him. Based on his own mandate, Houston, Buffalo, NYJets and Denver do not seem to fit the "championship contender with an established top QB" mold.

He has moved up his meeting with the Cowboys. This is a good sign. I'm guessing that our offer is pretty good and we put a timetable on it. He is wanting to see if the Cowboys will match it. I feel pretty good about us landing him.

He has moved up his meeting with the Cowboys. This is a good sign. I'm guessing that our offer is pretty good and we put a timetable on it. He is wanting to see if the Cowboys will match it. I feel pretty good about us landing him.
That's my feeling as well! Let's hope we're right.

Here is a question. Cowboys and Pats run a 3-4. ZT is a MLB who has done well in a 4-3. J. Vilma is a MLB who didn't do well in 3-4 and is looking to get in a 4-3. Why would ZT want to play in a 3-4 and would he do well in that system? I would love to get one of these guys. If Vilma checks out physically, he is my top choice.

Here is a question. Cowboys and Pats run a 3-4. ZT is a MLB who has done well in a 4-3. J. Vilma is a MLB who didn't do well in 3-4 and is looking to get in a 4-3. Why would ZT want to play in a 3-4 and would he do well in that system?

That's what I've been thinking too. A lot of these teams he is visiting run a 34. I think that gives us an advantage right there.

Last edited:
I hope Jerry tries to lure him with the "honor to play for the Dallas Cowboys" routine rather than showing him the money. Like the Pats and "your best chance to win a championship" offer. I think we have a chance as long as Jerry doesn't open the pocketbook too wide.

The Cowboys don't have much cap space and they don't really need another linebacker. I think the only reason he would go to the Cowboys is the fact that he is from Texas. I don't think anyone can match our combination of the ability to contend for a championship and money to spend.

I hear that the Patriots have made a revised offer to Thomas after watching the video of his interview with the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom