Rotoworld's view of Asante (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1. Asante Samuel, Patriots CB:Foxborough favorites often lose their shine away from New England, and that could happen to this gambling cornerback. He's closer to a borderline Pro Bowler than a top-five cornerback.

I agree this would be a big risk IMO. Use the money to go get a second tier (Florence) CB and a solid LB (Mitchell)

Sign Asante. There are literally no other decent corners (all 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th string) out there. Asante is the real deal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Florence is a back-up CB. 6 picks in 3 years (45 games) and some of the worst stats against the pass of any CB in the league during 2007. If we really want to compete with teams like the Chargers year in year out, we can't pretend that guys like Florence are starting calibre.

Unless of course, you'd like him for depth... In which case I'd say fine, but who is starting?

Yes, but these are the opinions of this man... er, boy:

greggr.jpg

He's like Adam Schefter: He'll give you the dirt, but you don't want football opinions from him. Take those opinions with a grain of salt. ;)

THIS GUY, on the other hand...

p1_bailey_si.jpg

...rates Asante as the 2nd best in the league... (behind Asomugha, I presume :hihi:)

Last edited:
It's tough to shine away from New England because they have been shining the brightest for a while now. That being said, I don't like his attitude and I hope the Saints pass.

Getting Florence instead of Samuel would be a horrible move. He's not even close to Asante. Even these guys agree Samuel is, at worst, a pro-bowler. You can't say that for Florence. And if we went with the lesser CB just because he's cheaper....where else do we spend the money? There's no other big time players out there. It would all go to waste and we'd start the season $20 million under the CAP.....just get Samuel.

With anything and anybody, you're always going to find the cynicists that need to take something that is good and bring it down to their level. That's all we're seeing here.

Yes, but these are the opinions of this man... er, boy:

greggr.jpg

He's like Adam Schefter: He'll give you the dirt, but you don't want football opinions from him. Take those opinions with a grain of salt. ;)

THIS GUY, on the other hand...

p1_bailey_si.jpg

...rates Asante as the 2nd best in the league... (behind Asomugha, I presume :hihi:)

or himself!

It's tough to shine away from New England because they have been shining the brightest for a while now. That being said, I don't like his attitude and I hope the Saints pass.

What don't you like about his attitude?

I agree with them.....without the Pats blitzing aggressive D and playing behind Jumbo Grant and Waddlin' Will Smith he'll get burned to the ground. He's a good player but not $80+ million good......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom