Roughing the kicker - no call game changer (1 Viewer)

The same reason they called the fumbled pass to the Seahawk receiver an incomplete pass. QUOTE]

^THIS was the killer
Coach Payton even wanted to challenge this... but no Saints player picked up the ball after it came free. When there's even the slightest question whether its a fumble or incompletion... someone on D has to pick up the ball... even if it's just to hand it to an official... so the coach can challenge and the refs could rule upon replay that there was a fumble and clear recovery by the D for the turnover

Coach Payton even wanted to challenge this... but no Saints player picked up the ball after it came free. When there's even the slightest question whether its a fumble or incompletion... someone on D has to pick up the ball... even if it's just to hand it to an official... so the coach can challenge and the refs could rule upon replay that there was a fumble and clear recovery by the D for the turnover

I thought that was odd that a defense that is taught and stresses turnovers, doesn't even pick up a fumbled ball. Just stood there looking at it. Most of the time you see a defensive player pick up a ball that clearly hit the turf on an incomplete pass just incase it is ruled a fumble. That wasn't the case Saturday and why not?

I'm going off of memory since I forgot to tape the game but I seem to remember a ref on the sideline in between the ball upfield and our defender chasing it making the incomplete signal in front of the pursuing defender, blowing the play dead.

I'm going off of memory since I forgot to tape the game but I seem to remember a ref on the sideline in between the ball upfield and our defender chasing it making the incomplete signal in front of the pursuing defender, blowing the play dead.
i saw that too... and this is prob. why our defenders stopped and didn't pick up the ball... but they needed to pick the ball up to make the play challengeable (is that even a word?)

But Morestead kicks it, his leg is standing there exposed taking all of his weight, and the guy's entire body goes right through his knee. I don't know how Morestead got up and played on with little problems but a slight limp leaving the field,

Maybe we need to begin using Morestead as a RB. :hihi:

i think you are wrong. shanle ran over there and picked it up once he saw they did not call it a fumble then he just picked it up slowly but he did pick it up. that was a fumble. he caught the ball had control with two feet down then he got smacked. this whole year the saints have played against everybody trying to beat the champs, injuries, and blatant calls not being made. just making the playoffs and getting 11 wins is a huge feat against those odds.

That "no call" was a big deal, in my opinion. I still cannot believe they wouldn't flag something so blatant. He definitely was not blocked into Morestead. Ridiculous.

On the punt, the block was a push to outside about 4 yards in front of the punter. The seahawks player took a least 2 steps after the block. It was a BAD call.

On the catch and fumble, they blew the whistle and the play was dead and no longer open for a challenge. more often than not they let that play out but the ref was whistle happy.

I think it would be a good idea for the NFL to clean up its act because it is starting to get like the WWF. I would not doubt if the NFL has a hand in some game outcomes. Remember its all about the money!! We only heard of one instance of an official working for the TV by asking a team to take a timeout, how many occurances do we never hear about.

Goodell and Co. is going to kill this league.

i think you are wrong. shanle ran over there and picked it up once he saw they did not call it a fumble then he just picked it up slowly but he did pick it up. that was a fumble. he caught the ball had control with two feet down then he got smacked. this whole year the saints have played against everybody trying to beat the champs, injuries, and blatant calls not being made. just making the playoffs and getting 11 wins is a huge feat against those odds.
from what i remember seeing... a saint was headed over towards the ball but pulled up once he heard the whistles and saw the official signaling incomplete... didn't see him pick up the ball... he may have but then i wouldn't understand why Coach Payton couldn't have challenged such a big play.

from what i remember seeing... a saint was headed over towards the ball but pulled up once he heard the whistles and saw the official signaling incomplete... didn't see him pick up the ball... he may have but then i wouldn't understand why Coach Payton couldn't have challenged such a big play.

you may be right im going to have to watch it again :covri: to be sure. i swore somebody picked it up. oh well...

you may be right im going to have to watch it again :covri: to be sure. i swore somebody picked it up. oh well...
we're all just going from depressed memories at this point... u're right i'm wrong... i'm right u're wrong... it don't matter anymore... our saints are out the playoffs and who knows when we'll see them next :sad_sad:

On the punt, the block was a push to outside about 4 yards in front of the punter. The seahawks player took a least 2 steps after the block. It was a BAD call.

On the catch and fumble, they blew the whistle and the play was dead and no longer open for a challenge. more often than not they let that play out but the ref was whistle happy.

I think it would be a good idea for the NFL to clean up its act because it is starting to get like the WWF. I would not doubt if the NFL has a hand in some game outcomes. Remember its all about the money!! We only heard of one instance of an official working for the TV by asking a team to take a timeout, how many occurances do we never hear about.

Goodell and Co. is going to kill this league.
i thought that was the Ed Hochuli San Diego/Denver rule from a few seasons ago... if there's question between incomplete/fumble... as long as there's clear change of possession... it's reviewable

I think I remember that play. The reciever caught the ball, had possession, took three steps after, got hit, and the ball popped out. Don't remember when the whistle blew. I remember several times this season thinking the refs were waiting an inordinate amount of time before blowing a whistle when there was a possibility that the opposing team could take the ball away from the Saints. When the situation was reversed, they were all too happy to whistle their guts out. Saints have always had to play against refs historically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom