Roundup (1 Viewer)

Always been a Roundup user, those lawsuits make me go hmmmm, so I started being more careful mitigating the poison touching me as much as I can.

This weekend I mixed up 15 gallons in my tank sprayer that I connect to my side x side to spray fence rows, ditches, driveway, perimeter of house and shed. I had my 12 year old drive while I walked behind spraying everything. To show you the psychological effects, I was wearing shorts and flip flops because I was too lazy to change, the mist of course hit my legs/feet and I swear my skin was burning, when I was finished I hosed my legs down and scrubbed with Dawn. Before the lawsuits I would have never felt this but the power of the brain had me thinking otherwise.

I would imagine exposure rate is big here. If you use Roundup occasionally to control a few weeds and take precautions not to touch it, probably less likely to have issues than if you use it everyday as part of your job and end up breathing in fumes and getting it on your skin.

Of course if there is another product that doesn't have the risk, seems reasonable to use that instead.

I don't really trust corporations and I don't really trust ambulance chaser lawyers either. Its the wild west out there.

I would imagine exposure rate is big here. If you use Roundup occasionally to control a few weeds and take precautions not to touch it, probably less likely to have issues than if you use it everyday as part of your job and end up breathing in fumes and getting it on your skin.

Of course if there is another product that doesn't have the risk, seems reasonable to use that instead.

I don't really trust corporations and I don't really trust ambulance chaser lawyers either. Its the wild west out there.
yeah, superchuck isn't trustworthy. at all.

1 gal 30% vinegar + 1 gal water + 2 cups salt + 1/4 cup dish soap = non-carcinogenic weed killer.
That will burn the tops down and salt the earth.

Great if you don't want anything to grow.

Continue to salt your ground and it will always be bare until the salts leach out.

Just for reference anything that is sold that passes thru an animal as fert has to be composted to cut the salts down. That is why it is composted horse manure.

When your dog kills your turf with urine has more to do with the salt than anything else.

I have no problems with glyphosate. If used by a non idiot correctly it is fine. Most humans use entirely too much have horrible sprayers and don't use tips in the sprayers that cut it to droplets they hose sheet down.

That is the problem with it idiots. Nothing is idiot proof.

Also with sound gardening you don't need much weed killer. Don't use enough mulch or do cruddy prep and you will pay the price. Don't analyze your soil and yes your plants will grow weakly and weeds will grow like mad.

This particular variety of Lymphoma is exactly what took my father this January and sadly his favorite pass time was working in his flower beds. He had a Five galón jug of it in his garage. It’s so bitter to swallow that he was likely taken by his favorite pastime and one that seemed so harmless.

oh and a bottle of roundup will kill a banana tree.

sis you know that bananas don’t reproduce in typical genetic fashion. Each one is actually a clone.
I read that in “The Fish that are the Whale”. It’s about Sam the Banana man aka Samuel Zamuri. His company was swallowed up by United Fruit but he ended up its CEO. He was from NOLA and his methods of taking out Governments in South America were adopted by the CIA. He was also Tulane’s biggest early supporter and his old home on St Charles was donated for the University President to live in.

all that from a poor Russian Jew who came here with nothing. Maybe the most fascinating BIO I have ever read.

Multiple countries in the EU are outright banning the use of glyphosate as early as this month. Nearly all of our grains are sprayed with it so they can be harvested earlier.

Very close to where I live is a Mississippi state agricultural site where they grow different types of grapes and a few other things. They use a grass and weed killer that is some very good stuff. I’ve been told that they use something that is a in house made spray. Whatever they use I would love to buy some. This stuff is more of ground cleaning spay than just a weed killer.

Bayer bought Monsanto with the thought that there was no chance an educated jury would find Monsanto guilty in regards to roundup. Bayer now assumes all liability.

So far Bayer has been held liable by the jury. My best guess is that Bayer could fight it till the Supreme Court if they wanted to. They were in position to win some of the individual cases as trials would move away from California and head towards the AG belt.

But it would be a PR nightmare. They will likely settle.

Banning roundup may be the right thing to do. I’m not 100% certain what the data says. EPA (US) and the PMRA (Canada) both came out and verbally supported Bayer. The PMRA doing this should tell you something. They are very quick to ban a substance that is causing undue harm on people, beneficial insects, or the environment.

Bayer bought Monsanto with the thought that there was no chance an educated jury would find Monsanto guilty in regards to roundup. Bayer now assumes all liability.

So far Bayer has been held liable by the jury. My best guess is that Bayer could fight it till the Supreme Court if they wanted to. They were in position to win some of the individual cases as trials would move away from California and head towards the AG belt.

But it would be a PR nightmare. They will likely settle.

Banning roundup may be the right thing to do. I’m not 100% certain what the data says. EPA (US) and the PMRA (Canada) both came out and verbally supported Bayer. The PMRA doing this should tell you something. They are very quick to ban a substance that is causing undue harm on people, beneficial insects, or the environment.

I have read that they have resumed the settlement discussions as of last week. They were deep into those discussions before covid but court closings took the pressure off.

The thing that is scary is that glyphosate is one of the safer registered pesticides out there. I don’t mean it’s safe, but is wildly considered “safer” than many other pesticides.

What this means is that the door is being flung wide open. All chemical manufacturers (even Bayer competitors) do not like what is happening. Because they know that if one of the “safer” molecules gets torn apart, than many other compounds are even more vulnerable.

Monsanto created Roundup then was bought by the only company in the world more evil than Monsanto...Bayer. Bayer was part of IG Farben, the massive Nazi era consortium that had a direct line to the SS for slave labor and creater of Zyclon B.

Bayer also sold Heroin. I used to think that they created it but I think I'm wrong on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom