Rows 1-8 Season Ticket Holders Seats Taken THis Year (1 Viewer)

deuce4pres

Drew Dat!
Reaction score
Sticky Post

My season tickets are gone for this year. The ticket office said they are calling season ticket holders in rows 1-8 throughout the Dome and trying to relocate them, but tickets are pretty much gone. Ive had tickets 18 years and just like that, they take them away. And in Brees final season. Ridiculous

Last edited:

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I don't think eight rows of seats are going to protect anyone with tens of thousands of people screaming in their direction. That's just a little better than social distancing under normal circumstances.

The only protection is immunity and as of now the only way to increase your immunity is to get infected and recover.

Any way you cut it, this season is going to be tainted.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I received the email. It is delusional and insulting. And the Saints organization loaned its PR expertise to the archdiocese?

So how does the absence of fans in the first eight rows make anyone safer? How can the league possibly justify removal of all fans in the first eight rows but then allow a substantial number of fans to attend any game? If it is unsafe for players to play if there are fans in row 8, how can it be safe for any fan to attend?

BelowZero

Triggered?
Reaction score
I don't think eight rows of seats are going to protect anyone with tens of thousands of people screaming in their direction. That's just a little better than social distancing under normal circumstances.

The only protection is immunity and as of now the only way to increase your immunity is to get infected and recover.

Any way you cut it, this season is going to be tainted.
As far as fans go? Sure, they're easily the most susceptible to COVID in this situation, but they know that going in. Then they'll just spread it to their family when they get home from the games, who'll then proceed to spread it to their friends.

Thousands of people screaming in the same direction doesn't change the distance germs/bacteria through the air before dying. That's just not how science works, more doesn't equal further. The average cough or sneeze travels 27 seven feet or so. So, add in those eight rows, the distance from the wall of the stands to the sideline, and the players on either hash mark and you have more than enough distance. The nearby fans are the ones paying the price. But yeah, this season just has a massive asterisk next to it.

onanygivensunday

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Screaming fans anywhere inside a domed stadium will be potentially infecting every other fan in reasonable proximity to them. Recall what happened here in WA state with the spread of the disease after a choir practice. Seems to me that screaming at the top of your lungs will "out-project" the virus by comparison to singing hymns.

The only chance we had for a normal season of football was pissed away. New York State provided the roadmap to control the disease but so many other state governors gambled and lost, effectively sending the nation back to ground zero.

We're four months into this pandemic and are no closer to seeing the end than we were back in early March.

DallasRene

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The first 8 rows will be tarped over in the name of player safety, but it's really a advertising revenue grab if/when the games are on TV. Think about the folks in the first rows of the end zones who have basically already seen their last game from those seats. Tarp for 2020 season and then those seats become field suites in 2021 and beyond. It's all a money grab.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
I received the email. It is delusional and insulting. And the Saints organization loaned its PR expertise to the archdiocese?

So how does the absence of fans in the first eight rows make anyone safer? How can the league possibly justify removal of all fans in the first eight rows but then allow a substantial number of fans to attend any game? If it is unsafe for players to play if there are fans in row 8, how can it be safe for any fan to attend?
It won't be safe for any fans to attend. They are just starting with Rows 1-8, it will be the entire stadium before its over. They could maybe play a "season" with no fans and rosters with about 100 players. The NFL is stringing this out as long as they can. Has the NBA started back up yet, how about MLB or hockey? Golf.....has done something, you can't get more social distancing than golf. Has Bass Tournament Fishing started up, never stopped? Dog agility drills on TV right now, people will watch anything......

Section 302

Veteran
Reaction score
The way the Dome is configured the stands are a good distance from the field and players. How can the NFL make a general call for 8 rows without checking this out?

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The whole advertising thing, is associated with the loss of season ticket revenue all teams will be losing. There will be no fans allowed; PERIOD!! Anyone believing fans will be allowed above the 8th row of the plaza, is being foolish! And if the season were to start, I an betting 4 games into the season, the season will be done with so many players infected.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We don't know this is Brees final season. We don't know if anyone is going to be in the superdome. We don't even know if there will be a season. This is to protect the players and make them feel comfortable about playing. If the NFL has fans in the stands they will be the first sport to do so.
This is not to protect anyone, this was a MONEY move. For about the first few hours I was hearing reports that teams would have an option to use the first 8 rows to sell local advertising, then all of a sudden the media changed the narrative to the nfl is closing the first 8 rows to protect the players.

Chopper Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

My season tickets are gone for this year. The ticket office said they are calling season ticket holders in rows 1-8 throughout the Dome and trying to relocate them, but tickets are pretty much gone. Ive had tickets 18 years and just like that, they take them away. And in Brees final season. Ridiculous
If there is a season I have two seats. I am high risk 59 YO with underlying conditions. I will not be going. Let's see how this thing is looking and if you are interested in going I'll hook you up at face value for my seats.

rbhogan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sucks!!

to make it worse...they said the next season (2021) will remove the first 8-10 rows of endzone to build endzone suites

so I lose my tickets this year...and for eternity! I go from the best seats in football to nothing. Sucks!!!!

But at least I get first dibs on the new suites...I’m sure they will only be $200K or so...so mad!!!

Reaction score

You might spit 50 feet to the field where the players stand.

Reaction score
This is not to protect anyone, this was a MONEY move. For about the first few hours I was hearing reports that teams would have an option to use the first 8 rows to sell local advertising, then all of a sudden the media changed the narrative to the nfl is closing the first 8 rows to protect the players.
I am honestly expecting a mid game NBA cancellation like they did on the last few games before the shut down... IF they even make it that far. To think there will even be a season this year is delusion. As it gets closer you will have more and more players like Jenkins say they aren't playing.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The advertising is to get back the money they’re losing on season tickets by covering the first 8 rows. If it’s more profitable to keep the first 8 rows covered, they’ll keep them covered forever. The NFL is a business. By the time the regular season starts nobody will be in the stands.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Well, there may not be a season so you may not be missing Drew's final season. I'm a glass half full kinda person. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Why the 2020 season is crucial for Drew Brees’ legacy with the Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints continue to communicate with season ticket holders about 2020 season SR News Page Articles 0
Saints offer fans options to defer season tickets, receive refunds for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints offer season ticket holders refunds and the option to skip using their 2020 tickets Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints allow season ticket holders to opt out of 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
As NFL season rapidly approaches, NFL showing no urgency to deal with COVID-19 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Delay the season and shorten it to 13 games idea Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Dan in Lafayette 2020 New Orleans Saints Team Outlook: Overcoming Bad Beats For Another Playoff-Bound Season SR News Page Articles 0
Zack Lee Hanna season 2. (prime) Everything Else Board 24
BobE LSU receives 3 championship rings after perfect season Collegiate Sports Board 4
RedJem Email for Season ticket holders coming soon Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 65
tomwaits Do you think there will be a 2020 season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Nolaboy1970 Saints Saints 2009 season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Scary Info on Why the Season May Not Take Place - from a Claimed Insider Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 144
How many regular season games will the NFL have in 2020? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Lattimore NFL If/when the 2020 season is cancelled... what happens? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
New Orleans Pelicans will scrimmage Brooklyn, Denver, Milwaukee before season resumes in Orlando Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints D-line coach says Marcus Davenport 'definitely has room to get better' even after strong second season SR News Page Articles 0
NFL to play Black anthem before national anthem beginning in 2020 season: AP Source Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Question??? Will the Uncertainty of the Season Impact Player Conditioning and Injuries? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Dan in Lafayette Saints WR Tre'Quan Smith is primed for a breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0