Rows 1-8 Season Ticket Holders Seats Taken THis Year (1 Viewer)

3uirvh.jpg

I don't think eight rows of seats are going to protect anyone with tens of thousands of people screaming in their direction. That's just a little better than social distancing under normal circumstances.

The only protection is immunity and as of now the only way to increase your immunity is to get infected and recover.

Any way you cut it, this season is going to be tainted.

I received the email. It is delusional and insulting. And the Saints organization loaned its PR expertise to the archdiocese?

So how does the absence of fans in the first eight rows make anyone safer? How can the league possibly justify removal of all fans in the first eight rows but then allow a substantial number of fans to attend any game? If it is unsafe for players to play if there are fans in row 8, how can it be safe for any fan to attend?

I don't think eight rows of seats are going to protect anyone with tens of thousands of people screaming in their direction. That's just a little better than social distancing under normal circumstances.

The only protection is immunity and as of now the only way to increase your immunity is to get infected and recover.

Any way you cut it, this season is going to be tainted.

As far as fans go? Sure, they're easily the most susceptible to COVID in this situation, but they know that going in. Then they'll just spread it to their family when they get home from the games, who'll then proceed to spread it to their friends.

Thousands of people screaming in the same direction doesn't change the distance germs/bacteria through the air before dying. That's just not how science works, more doesn't equal further. The average cough or sneeze travels 27 seven feet or so. So, add in those eight rows, the distance from the wall of the stands to the sideline, and the players on either hash mark and you have more than enough distance. The nearby fans are the ones paying the price. But yeah, this season just has a massive asterisk next to it.

Screaming fans anywhere inside a domed stadium will be potentially infecting every other fan in reasonable proximity to them. Recall what happened here in WA state with the spread of the disease after a choir practice. Seems to me that screaming at the top of your lungs will "out-project" the virus by comparison to singing hymns.

The only chance we had for a normal season of football was P'Oed away. New York State provided the roadmap to control the disease but so many other state governors gambled and lost, effectively sending the nation back to ground zero.

We're four months into this pandemic and are no closer to seeing the end than we were back in early March.

The first 8 rows will be tarped over in the name of player safety, but it's really a advertising revenue grab if/when the games are on TV. Think about the folks in the first rows of the end zones who have basically already seen their last game from those seats. Tarp for 2020 season and then those seats become field suites in 2021 and beyond. It's all a money grab.

I received the email. It is delusional and insulting. And the Saints organization loaned its PR expertise to the archdiocese?

So how does the absence of fans in the first eight rows make anyone safer? How can the league possibly justify removal of all fans in the first eight rows but then allow a substantial number of fans to attend any game? If it is unsafe for players to play if there are fans in row 8, how can it be safe for any fan to attend?

It won't be safe for any fans to attend. They are just starting with Rows 1-8, it will be the entire stadium before its over. They could maybe play a "season" with no fans and rosters with about 100 players. The NFL is stringing this out as long as they can. Has the NBA started back up yet, how about MLB or hockey? Golf.....has done something, you can't get more social distancing than golf. Has Bass Tournament Fishing started up, never stopped? Dog agility drills on TV right now, people will watch anything......

The way the Dome is configured the stands are a good distance from the field and players. How can the NFL make a general call for 8 rows without checking this out?

The whole advertising thing, is associated with the loss of season ticket revenue all teams will be losing. There will be no fans allowed; PERIOD!! Anyone believing fans will be allowed above the 8th row of the plaza, is being foolish! And if the season were to start, I an betting 4 games into the season, the season will be done with so many players infected.

We don't know this is Brees final season. We don't know if anyone is going to be in the superdome. We don't even know if there will be a season. This is to protect the players and make them feel comfortable about playing. If the NFL has fans in the stands they will be the first sport to do so.
This is not to protect anyone, this was a MONEY move. For about the first few hours I was hearing reports that teams would have an option to use the first 8 rows to sell local advertising, then all of a sudden the media changed the narrative to the nfl is closing the first 8 rows to protect the players.

My season tickets are gone for this year. The ticket office said they are calling season ticket holders in rows 1-8 throughout the Dome and trying to relocate them, but tickets are pretty much gone. Ive had tickets 18 years and just like that, they take them away. And in Brees final season. Ridiculous

If there is a season I have two seats. I am high risk 59 YO with underlying conditions. I will not be going. Let's see how this thing is looking and if you are interested in going I'll hook you up at face value for my seats.

Sucks!!

to make it worse...they said the next season (2021) will remove the first 8-10 rows of endzone to build endzone suites

so I lose my tickets this year...and for eternity! I go from the best seats in football to nothing. Sucks!!!!

But at least I get first dibs on the new suites...I’m sure they will only be $200K or so...so mad!!!

You might spit 50 feet to the field where the players stand.

This is not to protect anyone, this was a MONEY move. For about the first few hours I was hearing reports that teams would have an option to use the first 8 rows to sell local advertising, then all of a sudden the media changed the narrative to the nfl is closing the first 8 rows to protect the players.

I am honestly expecting a mid game NBA cancellation like they did on the last few games before the shut down... IF they even make it that far. To think there will even be a season this year is delusion. As it gets closer you will have more and more players like Jenkins say they aren't playing.

The advertising is to get back the money they’re losing on season tickets by covering the first 8 rows. If it’s more profitable to keep the first 8 rows covered, they’ll keep them covered forever. The NFL is a business. By the time the regular season starts nobody will be in the stands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom