RoY Watch Week 9 (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OK, back to the Offensive Rookie of the Year watch. No analysis last week due to the # of byes for teams. So here ya go...and remember, this is just offensive.

1. Marques Colston: Seriously, is there any doubt right now that this guy is the front runner? I mean, not only was he 4 picks or so from being undrafted, but he is playing like a veteran! With a solid game against a tough D, Colston had 6 catches for a career high 163 yards and 2 scores. This brings him up to a total of 577 yards and 6 TDs for the season. This is good enough for 8th in the NFL for receiving yards, 2nd amongst WRs for TDs, tied for 4th in TDs in the NFL, and the most Tds for all rookies. Clearly the mid-season Rookie of the Year.

Stock: Rising

2. Laurence Maroney: Maroney carried the ball 8 times for 34 yards(4.25 yds/carry) and caught 2 for 33 yards in New England's victory over the Vikings on monday night. Maroney has become a solid runner and playmaker in the Patriot offense, but most important is his contribution on kick returns where he leads the league with average yards per return of 30.4 yards. Maroney has a total of an impressive 931 All-purpose yards this season.

Stock: Steady

3. Maurice Jones-Drew: Drew had another solid game this week spelling Fred Taylor in the Jaguars victory over the Eagles. Drew had 77 yards on 21 carries, good enough for 3.67 yards per carry; Drew also had 3 rec for 20 yards. Drew has 741 all-purpose yards for the season.

4. Reggie Bush: His name alone keeps him on this list and in the spot light. Bush had a less than stellar game in Saints loss to the Ravens Sunday, rushing only 5 times for 16 yards along with 4 reception for 5 yards. Bush still leads all rookies with 42 receptions for 290 yards and is on pace for 98 receptions for 663 yards.

Stock: Falling

5. Joseph Addai: Addai had an impressive game against a tough Denver defense, rushing 93 yards on 17 carries to give him an even more impressive 5.47 yards per carry; Addai also had 5 more catches for 37 yards giving him 130 total yards. Despite Rhodes getting the start for all of Indy's games this season, Addai appears to be coming into his own and emerging as the primary back in the high powered Colts offense.

Waiting list: Greg Jennings, Matt Lienart, Vince Young, Leon Washington

Addai is having a better year than most analyst though and I for one am very happy for him. Wow, there are so many LSU RB's in the league right now. It's great.

Trying my best not to be blatantly biased, I still think Colston is ROY at this point

Despite being a huge Saints fan, and I will get chastised for this, but I would have Addai over Bush at this point.

Despite being a huge Saints fan, and I will get chastised for this, but I would have Addai over Bush at this point.

Even if Addai finishes his career head and shoulders over Bush, the Saints organization got from Bush what they drafted him for...

Ticket sales.

Anything after that is just lagniappe!

I got a question for some of yall stat dudes. Who was the lastest draft pick to win the OROY? I want to know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom