Ruben foster (1 Viewer)

He's back where?
I haven't heard a word about Foster.

undersized, history of head injuries, psychologic issues, failed drug test...the guy had red flags galore entering the draft. Thank goodness the 49ers save us from him.
Undersized are u kidding me!?

sometime people like Anthony Hargrove help win rings he’s worth looking at

He was all smiles, laughs and jokes when he went to the press conference telling the story of how we was going to draft him and hung up on us. Well thanks for hanging up on us. Best thing he ever did.

And you know how petty Payton is... he'll never forget.

Undersized are u kidding me!?

sometime people like Anthony Hargrove help win rings he’s worth looking at

Yes undersized.

He came into the league at about 230, but played like he was a 250 pounder throwing his body around. Probably why he had repeated concussions. He also displayed very odd behavior at the NFL combine, along with failing a drug test. The guy certainly had the look of a guy who was a ticking time bomb...there were just so many ways that he could have flopped...so it was absolutely no surprise that he did.

Immediately after the draft I wrote this up. Feel free to take a look. https://saintsreport.com/threads/sammys-unapologetically-accurate-saints-draft-recap.368192/

"I have some problems with how we addressed our later 1st round selection. The Saints played the odds that there would be a defender there to help us in late 1st round...it just so happened that against all odds it just didn't happen. When the Saints came on the clock at #32, I told myself, either they are going to get Ellis here, or they are going to get either Lamp or Ramczyk. Getting Ramczyk was absolutely the right move based on what was available to them. Ramczyk has had a torn hip labrum that was surgically repaired. The cause of the labrum is actually due to a structural abnormality of either the hip joint or the hip bone causing the labrum to be frayed in the process. The point of the surgery is to both fix the labrum and also correct the structural abnormality. Recurrence is about 5% after two years. In all likelihood, he's probably be good to go unless he has a contralateral hip structural abnormality, which unfortunately is very common. My problem with what the Saints did was less of a problem with who they selected and more of a problem with who they wanted select. The Saints wanted Foster. Foster was an undersized LB with personality concerns...but even more of concern was his injury history. He has a history of concussions and a playing style that leads to concussions, and has a bum shoulder. Somehow, someway, despite just about every other team not clearing Foster medically...the Saints cleared him...or did they? Clearly, the Saints were going to take him...but was he medically cleared by the Saints medical staff? Is the Saints medical staff competent? Or did the Saints medical staff NOT clear Foster, and Payton want to get him anyway? Any way you slice it...I have big concerns because this is a team that has been absolutely devastated by injury in the past few seasons. I suppose that shouldn't be surprised by the blunder that would have been if Foster would have lasted one more pick. It makes me question the Saints medical eval of Lattimore...along with many of their other draft selections. Medical is probably the most important part of the scouting process and the Saints simply don't appear to know what they are doing. "

I think he had an ACL in OTAs last year and was placed on IR.

And you know how petty Payton is... he'll never forget.
Well Payton has always been very petty with Goodell and the NFL. When it comes to players, unless a player did something terrible, he will give players a chance. Almost signed Antonio Brown. Look at the things he did and said. I remembered Payton and Steve Smith always jawing at each other, but Payton liked him a lot and would had not mind having a guy like him on the team.

He might have nerve damage in his leg... I'm fine with Baun, Robertson, Elliss, Hansen backing up DeMario, Anzalone, Alonso.. if you bring anyone in at this point it should be someone like Ogletree, or Matthews, with multiple years of starting experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom