Rudy Giuliani Ad (1 Viewer)

Personally I don't think people fear enough what could happen.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the absolute worst that could happen is we die, which is going to happen sooner or later anyway. I want the president in office that will most improve my time alive (i.e. improving the economy and reducing security checks in airports). Who will do that?

I can't view it right now so I may have jumped the gun abit but I guarantee what he is saying is just as if not more relevant than what the others are promising.

Transcript:
Cue images of Muslim protests, explosions, 9/11, and terrists.

Scary Voiceover Guy: "An enemy without borders. Hate without boundaries. A people perverted. A religion betrayed. A nuclear power in chaos. Madmen bent on creating it. Leaders assassinated. Democracy attacked. And Osama bin Laden still making threats. In a world where the next crisis is a moment away... America needs a leader who's ready."

Rudy: "I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message."

Transcript:
Cue images of Muslim protests, explosions, 9/11, and terrists.

Scary Voiceover Guy: "An enemy without borders. Hate without boundaries. A people perverted. A religion betrayed. A nuclear power in chaos. Madmen bent on creating it. Leaders assassinated. Democracy attacked. And Osama bin Laden still making threats. In a world where the next crisis is a moment away... America needs a leader who's ready."

Rudy: "I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message."

Thanks for the update.

Pretty vivid even in text form. Like or not it is his angle and he is choosing to bring it into the election. The others are not at least from what I can tell. I am ok with it in the end but for many he needs to take it a few steps further by identifying why the thread still exist and what he is going to do to be "ready". Tightening our borders? Hopefully. Change in American foreign policy? Hopefully.

You can certainly tell the people on this board who never had to dive under their desks as a youth.

The ad doesn't cover one issue, doesn't hit one point, has zero facts and is 100% created to get an emotional response. The ad should be an insult to the intelligence of the people watching it, the only problem is the intelligence of the average person watching it is the insult.

Name one issue that the ad covers. It is 100% fear mongering and Rudy trying to use 9/11 to get him elected.

I thought for sure it was a parody ad and I immediately thought of http://rudygiulianiforum.com/index.php.
rudy911.jpg

Exactly !!!!!! That's what makes it a good political ad. Get up to speed.

You can certainly tell the people on this board who never had to dive under their desks as a youth.

I'm one of them. I remember those days. And what good would crouching under desks do in the event of nuclear annihilation? Not much good at all.

I happen to think there was more of a threat during the Cold War than there is now. The only difference is that we knew who the enemy was. Now, the enemy is less tangible and isn't in the form of a nation state.

And we also know that much of the cold war propaganda and fear mongering was taken a bit far--to the point of irrationality. Sorry, but I refuse to quiver in fear because a bunch of politicians want to continue a bankrupt, expansionist policy and chip away more civil liberties in the name of "security"

I'm one of them. I remember those days. And what good would crouching under desks do in the event of nuclear annihilation? Not much good at all.

I happen to think there was more of a threat during the Cold War than there is now. The only difference is that we knew who the enemy was. Now, the enemy is less tangible and isn't in the form of a nation state.

And we also know that much of the cold war propaganda and fear mongering was taken a bit far--to the point of irrationality. Sorry, but I refuse to quiver in fear because a bunch of politicians want to continue a bankrupt, expansionist policy and chip away more civil liberties in the name of "security"

What you say may be true, but without doubt the threat is something that should be debated and not dismissed out of hand. Interestingly, our relative feeling of security may be due to the "bankrupt, expansionist policy" and erosion of civil liberties you lament. Kind of when the schizophrenic patient on meds is doing so well he stops taking the meds. Hardly any good ever comes of that.

What you say may be true, but without doubt the threat is something that should be debated and not dismissed out of hand. Interestingly, our relative feeling of security may be due to the "bankrupt, expansionist policy" and erosion of civil liberties you lament. Kind of when the schizophrenic patient on meds is doing so well he stops taking the meds. Hardly any good ever comes of that.

Champ - hey now quit making sense ok?? :9:

i like the Iranian video. It looks so nice. lets go on vacation there. oh wait..... I like how its so great there that almost al of them want to leave and study abroad. AKA hope they get a degree in USA and the university gets them their backdoor green card. I am going to grad school and the Foreign students want the universities to allow them to stay.

We just have silent enemies who want us to crumble so they give weapons to terrorist.

Interestingly, our relative feeling of security may be due to the "bankrupt, expansionist policy" and erosion of civil liberties you lament.

We would vehemently disagree, but I get your point. I see the current foreign policy in Iraq as actually making the threat even worse regarding Al-Queada.

But your point about "dismissing completely" the threats which exist is a straw man.

I recognize the threat. The threat is real. But I'm sick and tired of politicians exaggerating the threat by tossing around terms like "Islamofacism." Further, frankly I think the current Republican foreign policy is morally bankrupt. The party has been hijacked by a bunch of idealistic interventionists who will stop at nothing to convince the American public some sort of external threat as an excuse to start another war. Just look at who's doing the most sabre-rattling regarding Iran. Neoconservatives. And I don't think the Democrats are going to be much better, but at least they aren't *yet* playing the fear card, God knows they've done it too to get elected.

Sorry, but I think the Republican Party has zero political capital when it comes to explicating supposed "threats." I seriously don't think McCain, Thompson, or any of the others will be different from Bush, esp. regarding Iraq policy. With the exception of Ron Paul, each and every Republican has adopted the neoconservative brand of foreign policy.

Nope, not onboard. Completely disagree with expanding pax Americana.

Remember, Hussein had vast stocks of WMDs, and poised an immediate danger to the United States and his neighbors. Not a bald-face lie, but nowhere near the truth either.

I'm certainly not buying into this level of fear and election year clap-trap.

Last edited:
I kind of read this quote that way, "To be honest, I'm probably more scared of Rudy than I am of the terrorists."

What about: "I fear what could happen, a lot. It's very frightening. A nuclear device or a chemical or biological weapon would be our nation's worst nightmare. I won't, however, be frightened into voting for someone because they show a bunch of Muslims with weapons."

I've never dismissed the threat and I resent your patronizing attitude. Just because I am not motivated to vote for someone because of their ridiculous ads doesn't mean I don't understand what we face as a nation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom