Rueben Foster to have (rotator cuff) surgery. (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Foster is having surgery on his rotator cuff. Expected to miss 4 months but will be ready for camp.

Many (including me) has this guy as one of the top guys for the Saints to draft.

Interesting quote I heard on the radio in Denver about Bama players. He said that when you go to Bama you are almost guaranteed two things;

1: A really good chance at a National Championship
2: Off-Season Surgery. Bama's guys put a lot of "football mileage" on their bodies before they ever even get to the pros.

After hearing this, I don't think my mind has changed as I would still love to get Foster but I am more skeptical of Bama players now.

Thoughts?

Foster is having surgery on his rotator cuff. Expected to miss 4 months but will be ready for camp.

Many (including me) has this guy as one of the top guys for the Saints to draft.

Interesting quote I heard on the radio in Denver about Bama players. He said that when you go to Bama you are almost guaranteed two things;

1: A really good chance at a National Championship
2: Off-Season Surgery. Bama's guys put a lot of "football mileage" on their bodies before they ever even get to the pros.

After hearing this, I don't think my mind has changed as I would still love to get Foster but I am more skeptical of Bama players now.

Thoughts?

Well i think thats part of the reason so many of Bama's players are maxed out by the time they become pro's. Sure they are pro-ready, but the counter to that is mentally Saban has those guys at a Pro level early...by the time they do make it to the NFL some of them are burned out mentally and some even physically.

If this were a lower body injury I would say pass him up in the 1st, but since it's just a rotator cuff I say draft him if he's available.

I read his Draft Profile and it says he has had a lot of "stingers" in college and this could be a result of those. It also says he would be better as a 4-3 Will LB than a 4-3 MIKE. His athleticism is great while his reaction time is a bit slow.

While you can only trust a Draft Profile so much, it kind of sounds like he could have some growing pains similar to S. Anthony.

If this were a lower body injury I would say pass him up in the 1st, but since it's just a rotator cuff I say draft him if he's available.

Ask the Bills how drafting a Defensive player with a shoulder injury worked out 4 them. Those dates are tentative. Even Jason Varrett was out the 1st few weeks of the Season. He should slide.

I'd pass. There are better, less riskier options. 4 months is scary and puts him right up against training camp. Any set back, and you're looking at a missed preseason and essentially a lost season.

Draft a healthy player in round 1 please.

I am starting to agree with the Cam Jordan draft strategy. There are a lot of good CB's in this years draft and one of them will surely be there @ 11.

Get M. Lattimore or J. Tabor and grab a front 7 guy in the 2nd. Maybe even move up if someone falls.

Well I hope it don't affect his status too much but dang what bad timing . But at least he is getting it fixed and hope there ain't no complications or lingering effects

Ask the Bills how drafting a Defensive player with a shoulder injury worked out 4 them. Those dates are tentative. Even Jason Varrett was out the 1st few weeks of the Season. He should slide.

I'd rather not ask the Bills or use them as an example for anything. I understand the dates are tentative, but the reward far outweighs the risk imo. He's too good to pass up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom