Rufus Johnson determined to become Saints latest find (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rufus Johnson determined to become Saints latest find

By BRETT MARTEL (AP)

METAIRIE, La. - Rookie linebacker Rufus Johnson hopes his journey from Division II to the NFL in New Orleans is boosting his ailing father's morale.

Indeed, while many Saints were preparing to enjoy a weekend off following the final practice on minicamp on Thursday, Johnson planned a short flight home to Dallas and some quality time in the hospital room of his father, Rufus Sr.

"When I do get to talk to my dad, I got a feeling I keep my father strong," said Johnson, who declined to go into detail about his father's illness beyond saying it related to diabetes. "I'm the reason my father is still here."

More - StarNews

Sounds like a good kid. Best of luck to him.

After the draft n UFA pickups, I wondered why they chose to draft him over Chase Thomas. Beginning to understand why they did now. He may end up surprising

He seems like one of those players that will only get better once the pads come on and after his performance during minicamp that's a scary thought. Don't think we'll be able to hide him on the PS if he keeps this up.

The big question then becomes do we keep 5 OLB's or is someone sent packing.

just watched a 10 minute highlight of him and he is a beast, good bull rush and rip move and gets to the qb a lot, also very good vs the run and vs screens, very strong, athletic and a good tackler, see a ton of aldon smith in him.

just watched a 10 minute highlight of him and he is a beast, good bull rush and rip move and gets to the qb a lot, also very good vs the run and vs screens, very strong, athletic and a good tackler, see a ton of aldon smith in him.

Ya, Ive watched several tape cut up's of him and the word that kept coming to my mind every snap that I saw him play was VIOLENT! This kids speed and hand use are EXTREMELY VIOLENT! He assaults the offensive linemen and the ball carrier with tenaciousness! We're rooting for you Rufus!

Nice read. Thanks. Sounds like a guy you really want to pull for.

On a side note, my great-grandfather's name was Rufus. They tell me he was a beast as well. LOL. Must be something in the name. ;-)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom