Rumor about Saints and Hunter Renfrow (1 Viewer)

I keep seeing MT mentioned. I won't believe he'll do anything ever again til he proves it. However, Olave, Shaheed, Renfrow, Edwards, & Perry make a great 5.
Do you think MT has been incredibly unlucky or his body is just shot?

MT, Olave, Shaheed, Renfrow, Edwards, & AT Perry would be the best group we've had in quite some time.

Sure beats the “we like our room” days with the Keith Kirkwoods and TommyLee Lewises of the world.

For all his greatness, SP’s de-prioritization of the WR position has always irked me.

Sure, the offense functioned without great WRs from top to bottom for Brees, but just think how much better things would have been if he consistently did.

Sure beats the “we like our room” days with the Keith Kirkwoods and TommyLee Lewises of the works.

For all his greatness, SP’s de-prioritization of the WR position has always irked me.

Sure, the offense functioned without great WRs for Brees, but just think how much better things would have been if he consistently did.
I've been saying for years that a few things doomed SP. The success of Colston & Jahri made him believe he could consistently get elite production out of late round prospects and PT set the same tone with UDFA's.

Also, the greatness of Brees and his ability to line up with any group of receivers and be productive made him feel like he could win with any group because most guys are open for a split second and Drew had the timing and accuracy to have the ball right where it needed to be at the perfect time.

I've been saying for years that a few things doomed SP. The success of Colston & Jahri made him believe he could consistently get elite production out of late round prospects and PT set the same tone with UDFA's.

Also, the greatness of Brees and his ability to line up with any group of receivers and be productive made him feel like he could win with any group because most guys are open for a split second and Drew had the timing and accuracy to have the ball right where it needed to be at the perfect time.

Yep…it’s not a coincidence that our best stretch with Brees was the ones where we were rolling out great talent at WR with Colston, Devery, Lance, and Meach with Reggie out the backfield, then later with Sproles and Graham.

He’d also catch fire again later once he got a true top tier elite talent in MT to throw to.

We spent way too many resources trying to fix the defense while de-prioritizing accentuating what we were already good at, IMO.

Bad luck. High ankle sprain and then a poorly timed decision on surgery. Dislocated a toe last year. Those aren't body being shot injuries.
I agree, which is why I don’t understand everybody assuming his incredible bad luck is going to continue this year.

Sure beats the “we like our room” days with the Keith Kirkwoods and TommyLee Lewises of the world.

Sure, the offense functioned without great WRs from top to bottom for Brees, but just think how much better things would have been if he consistently did.
There’s a reason the WR position was devalued.

At its peak the offense had a lot of Air Coryell concepts ie it was a vertical offense. The AC requires elite talent at WR. So we invested at the position heavily.

When Drew’s arm began to decline we started implementing more west coast concepts which attack horizontally more. The WC in contrast doesn’t require elite talent at WR. That’s why we stopped going after offensive skill positions in the 1st round.

With Carr in the building they are hoping to “dust” some vertical things off and low b behold we seem to be investing in WR again. Granted Olave was also part of that last year considering we thought we’d be more vertical w/ Winston too

Also, at the same time we devalued WR, we started to value other positions like Dline and Oline w/ early picks. Specifically a strong oline makes up flor the lack of talent.

Problem was for years the left side of that line between Peat and Stead would miss like 15 games a year between them…Sometimes at the same time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom