Rumor: Alabama turned in by six schools, already has 2 NCAA investigators looking into their recruiting (1 Viewer)

LSSpam, I think you raised some good points. While at LSU, I seem to recall Saban getting into some minor recruiting issues, and we suffered a few trivial penalties for it. I think it was a self-imposed loss of some recruiting days and maybe a scholarship? I can't remember the exact details as it obviously did not really impact us. But there was plenty of smoke about Saban. It's just part of the game, a little cheating here and there.

I would be pretty shocked if Saban just outright broke the rules in a more extreme sense though than something like contacting a recruit during a dead period, or something silly that doesn't really make much of a difference. (However, he has had a LOT of blows to his ego lately, so who knows. Anything is possible to try and get back on the top? But I doubt it.)

The booster aspect is most plausible IFFF anything happened.

Also, I was thinking the same thing when I read that post about the specific information of the 6 schools. That's a lot of schools, so would be more than just a POed awbarn school. If 6 schools taddled? That means it would be MAJOR cheating. Otherwise, I don't think that many schools would get involved. So I think this rumor is all or nothing. I dunno, be interesting to see how it plays out.

If it's true and Bama gets punished, do you think they will get the death penalty? I mean fresh off of probation and already at it again? I know they are Alabama, but there was a lot of talk about the death penalty last probation. And to have a major cheating incident almost practically RIGHT when you get off of probation from the last incident would be a huge slap in the face to the NCAA. Makes you wonder???

Every school in the SEC self-reports secondary violations when it comes to recruiting. It's nothing new. I remember hearing a few years ago that Ole Miss self-reported over 200 secondary violations over the course of one year. MS State had over 100 in that same time frame. What was interesting was that USM only had 20-30 during that year.

Every school in the SEC self-reports secondary violations when it comes to recruiting. It's nothing new. I remember hearing a few years ago that Ole Miss self-reported over 200 secondary violations over the course of one year. MS State had over 100 in that same time frame. What was interesting was that USM only had 20-30 during that year.

Bower was by the book to the extreme. Expect that number to change.

Care to elaborate on the incident you are talking about?

As for this other rumor, it's true where there usually is smoke fire is not far behind. However, I am a member of Alabama's Scout and Rivals sites, TideSports, and TiderInsider and there is NOTHING being reported remotely close to what you are saying. In fact I couldn't find one thread on any of those sites, which are full of Auburn, LSU, Tennessee fans who would love to get Bama fans riled up, to suggest anything is going on. If something like this actually had any legs, you would think it would be a major topic of discussion somewhere other than the Collegiate Sports Board on a Saints website.

Maybe I have better friends then Scout, Rivals, Tidesports, and Tideinsider :shrug:

LSSpam, any word on what the actual violation was?

The rumor was "cheating as having never been seen before". The incident I know of specifically involves a specific Mobile Car Dealership and a Pontiac G6 as well as 1 other vehicle. But that incident was not reported by the principal other school involved.

Care to elaborate on the incident you are talking about?

As for this other rumor, it's true where there usually is smoke fire is not far behind. However, I am a member of Alabama's Scout and Rivals sites, TideSports, and TiderInsider and there is NOTHING being reported remotely close to what you are saying. In fact I couldn't find one thread on any of those sites, which are full of Auburn, LSU, Tennessee fans who would love to get Bama fans riled up, to suggest anything is going on. If something like this actually had any legs, you would think it would be a major topic of discussion somewhere other than the Collegiate Sports Board on a Saints website.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=7080467

Maybe I have better friends then Scout, Rivals, Tidesports, and Tideinsider :shrug:

So your telling us that your 'friends' know something that the thousands of posters on those four sites don't? And I don't mean just from stories written on their site, that includes their message boards. It sounds to me like an Ole Miss fan, who admittedly hates Alabama more than any other SEC school, and an Auburn fan are just wishful thinking.

So your telling us that your 'friends' know something that the thousands of posters on those four sites don't? And I don't mean just from stories written on their site, that includes their message boards. It sounds to me like an Ole Miss fan, who admittedly hates Alabama more than any other SEC school, and an Auburn fan are just wishful thinking.
If he had an agenda, he would not have put Rumor in the title or decribed his source as
This comes from an extremely well-placed Auburn fan who is also prone to spreading not terribly firm rumors. Sour grapes? Maybe to an extent.

:dunno:

The rumor was "cheating as having never been seen before". The incident I know of specifically involves a specific Mobile Car Dealership and a Pontiac G6 as well as 1 other vehicle. But that incident was not reported by the principal other school involved.

Why would a school, who according to you has this information for fact, not report a rival doing something illegal? Could it be that it is all a load of crap? Come on, these schools turn each other in for the most trivial infractions, even if they have evidence or not, yet you know of something specifically that involves some major infractions and this certain school doesn't report it? Do you really believe that?

Why would a school, who according to you has this information for fact, not report a rival doing something illegal?

Use your imagination

Come on, these schools turn each other in for the most trivial infractions, even if they have evidence or not, yet you know of something specifically that involves some major infractions and this certain school doesn't report it? Do you really believe that?

No. At least SEC schools don't, not anymore, not since just about the entire SEC was on probation. And for a very specific reason "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" etc. Which suggests to me the supposed "6 schools", if they even exist, are likely not SEC schools that are reporting Bama.

Well I've seen the Kool-Aid passed around on Bama's free Rivals board and there's no chance of a negative post about Bama football lasting over 5 minutes without being deleted.

Well other sites are talking about it now... so either LSSpam started something haha or this could get really good!

Well other sites are talking about it now... so either LSSpam started something haha or this could get really good!

What sites would that be? Not doubting you, just curious. Maybe you can give us some links? Who knows, they may have more information for us to talk about.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom