Article Rumor: Bears Listening to Trade Offers For Khalil Mack (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I have heard this through multiple outlets. We cannot afford him unfortunately.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I believe it’s this year since it’s the last year of the current CBA.

Unless a new CBA is agreed upon by the deadline (which I’m not sure when it is, maybe the new league year?) then I think any cap charges from releases/trades have to be entirely taken on this coming season and not spread out across two seasons like a normal year.
It is. Just posted the bulk of an article that I couldn't link because bing does weird things with their search engine.

onanygivensunday

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Going back to the prospects of the Bears trading Mack, even though I mentioned June 1st in my post I don't believe that date plays a part in trades... just player cuts.

My experience is the team that trades a player is responsible for the remaining prorated signing bonus, which comes due in the year that the player was traded. So regardless of when Mack is traded, the Bears have to absorb the dead money hit from Mack's remaining prorated signing bonus.

Reaction score

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Reaction score
Going back to the prospects of the Bears trading Mack, even though I mentioned June 1st in my post I don't believe that date plays a part in trades... just player cuts.

My experience is the team that trades a player is responsible for the remaining prorated signing bonus, which comes due in the year that the player was traded. So regardless of when Mack is traded, the Bears have to absorb the dead money hit from Mack's remaining prorated signing bonus.
I was thinking the same originally which is why I was hesitant to post while being foggy on the details, but the article referenced earlier that I posted the link to in my last post has this reference to spreading the hit for releases and trades...
Ordinarily, the bonus proration in future contract years is delayed until the beginning of the next league year in the following March when players are released or traded after June 1. Teams typically can also release two players each league year prior to June 1 (known as a post-June 1 designation) that will be treated under the cap as if they were released after June 1.

There isn't any post-June 1 treatment in 2020 since it's the last year of the CBA. Thus, bonus proration immediately hits the cap regardless of the timing of a release or trade. The only way the acceleration rules from the previous nine years of the CBA will apply in 2020 is if ongoing negotiations between the NFL and NFLPA produce a new labor agreement in a timely fashion.
Now I’m not sure if it’s always been like that or if it was recently changed in recent years.

Much obliged, kind sir. Dare I say it? You're a Saint!
Ayeee! :tiphat:

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Whenever a team makes a huge trade and pays a guy a ton of money and is then looking to unload him two years later, be very skeptical.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Whenever a team makes a huge trade and pays a guy a ton of money and is then looking to unload him two years later, be very skeptical.
You mean a team that swears Mitch is their franchise QB.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If I’m the owner of a team that chose a top 10 QB and the brain trust in charge of my personnel comes to me and tells me they need to do it again after two year, then I’m going to tell them “I tend to agree butt first thing is first. First I have to get a new GM with new staff and a new coach in here to make the decision. “

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If I’m the owner of a team that chose a top 10 QB and the brain trust in charge of my personnel comes to me and tells me they need to do it again after two year, then I’m going to tell them “I tend to agree butt first thing is first. First I have to get a new GM with new staff and a new coach in here to make the decision. “
I have a feeling Pace will be looking for a new job soon. However, he's still on his rookie deal so they may be able to cut their losses. This may go down as one the craziest draft classes. The top 3 guys (Baker, Mitch, and Sam) have major questions but the other 1st round guys include two MVPs and a potential pro-bowl QB in Allen.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Looks like Gruden is getting the last laugh. He took those 2 firsts and is going to build a good team for Vegas and Chicago got a great player who disappears in big games and now is gonna get traded again. They won't get in return what they paid for him.

cajunrevenge

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We should be all over it if it's real as only his base salary will hit our cap. Chicago would take a huge cap hit. Like 17 million. Not gonna happen.

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Hes a very good player but that cap hit is insane for a non QB. Your gonna have trouble building a roster. And the Trubisky rookie contract ride is not working out.

OP
OP
DerrickB

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Dude was the invisible man against the Black and Gold. I think da Bears have buyers remorse.

I think the Raiders are still using Bears draft picks from that trade.
Why give up on him so soon, especially coming off a meh year to where you won’t get max value?
That's why it was so frustrating to me that our o-line had that bad game against Minnesota.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'd go all out and send them a duong phuong king cake, a shrimp poboy from parkway, and a year membership to the zoo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom