(rumor) Belichick could be suspended for a year. (1 Viewer)

Lifetime ban. This is akin to Pete Rose betting scandal.

No actually gambling on games while you an active member of the team isn't even on the same planet as doing anything possible to get a win.

Cheating is cheating, but it can't be compaired to the Rose situation.

Tarnish his reputation and keep him out of the HOF, Yes... Banned for life...No.

The World couldn't be lucky enought.

Belichump the Belicheat...

1) Similar to steroids and baseball, no matter how much the degree of improvement, if it did not help they would not do it.

2) Also no matter how minimal the affect it is cheating.

3) What I have noticed throughout these sports and political debacles and shenanigans is the lack of accountability. The "deny first, apologize second" IMO started to be a common practice with politicians and has thus trickled down to mainstream America. The public outrage has dumbed down to the point of acceptance and expectable for such fabrications.

IMO it is like committing any other crime or violation. The individual made a conscience effort to break the rules. The consequences are the risks involved. You can't knowingly cheat and then say the punishment was unfair when you chose to take that chance.

If the Patriots and Belichick did indeed tape the Rams final walk through before the Super Bowl that year, Belichick should be banned from ever working in the NFL ever again...

So is filming a walk through more beneficial than filming the defensive play calls? It seems like it would be but I am not exactly sure what is revealed in a walk through.

The walk through exposes the gameplan. Especially in the redzone where the playbook shrinks. If you've seen the redzone walk through, once you get into the game, when the formation comes out, you pretty much know exactly what play is coming. The walk through exposes quite a bit.

And like another poster stated, beneficial or not, it's against the rules. Period.

Two more words:

Cut block.

"Classy" Bill Walsh was more than happy to have his timing-based offense protected by the dirtiest line in pro football. They took advantage of sadly legal, but still dirty, cut blocking techniques and were more than happy to stretch the rules. Other teams (Alex Gibbs with the Broncos) later used these techniques as well, but the 49ers set the pace.

And I'll go to my grave believing that the 49ers, led by convicted bribery felon owner DeBartolo, were ******* with the salary cap rules as soon as they came in.

Yes, if Belichick was the leader of a program of cheating, he needs to get dinged for it. By no means does he get a pass because he's not the first, he still had his own decisions to make, but let's not use Bill Walsh as a reason to crucify him.

And Belichick is still a pretty damn good coach. And quite possibly a suspended one.

As a punishment, they should give the Patriots the home game in London for a couple of years.

Umm... sorry buddy, but the Denver Broncos are the most notorious for doing this. No one ever complained about it when the 49ers were winning their Super Bowls. Besides, Bill Walsh pretty much reinvented the way people approach the offensive side of football.

I still think Bill Belichick is a cheat and has been since the first Super Bowl win. (especially now more than ever). Tell me something, if he is such a great coach, why was he garbage when he coached the Browns?

There is a difference between applying blocks that are not illegal, but not appreciated, and straight up video taping another team's redzone practice the day before the Super Bowl. That gives a team an unfair advantage, and is not legal in any way in the NFL.

Hope to see a different coach on the sidelines next year for the pats, it would benefit the team greatly to get away from such a clasless bum like BeliCHEAT!

I still think Bill Belichick is a cheat and has been since the first Super Bowl win. (especially now more than ever). Tell me something, if he is such a great coach, why was he garbage when he coached the Browns?
Ummm.. He learned from his mistakes and got better?

1) Similar to steroids and baseball, no matter how much the degree of improvement, if it did not help they would not do it.

2) Also no matter how minimal the affect it is cheating.

3) What I have noticed throughout these sports and political debacles and shenanigans is the lack of accountability. The "deny first, apologize second" IMO started to be a common practice with politicians and has thus trickled down to mainstream America. The public outrage has dumbed down to the point of acceptance and expectable for such fabrications.

IMO it is like committing any other crime or violation. The individual made a conscience effort to break the rules. The consequences are the risks involved. You can't knowingly cheat and then say the punishment was unfair when you chose to take that chance.

:potd:

The excuse-making in today's world is scary, really. It boils down to following the rules, period. Follow the rules and there won't be any question about "was it beneficial", "everyone does it", etc. Follow the rules. Simple, really.

IIRC, there was no rule in MLB that said you couldn't take the items they took, hence no cheating...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom