(rumor) Belichick could be suspended for a year. (1 Viewer)

I may sound crazy but I would be very dissapointed if he was banned. He is the greatest coach I have ever witnessed and his knowledge of the game is like no other. I believe it is a priveledge to be able to watch this legend.

Admit it, you'd love him to coach the Saints.

thats only because he has a good video team :):hihi:

Seriously though, he would have to be dealt some kind of ban. He probably wouldn't have needed to be dealt a blow like this if he would have said something about it when they were doing the initial investigation.:sinking::ugly9:

If there is proof he has done this more then once, then he needs to take responsiblity for it. He knows the rules and he is not above them.

Wow. This is quite possibly the most mentally challenged thing I have ever heard. A video tape of a walk through? How is that cheating? It happens in a place where anyone could watch it without fear of being seen. It has more to do with being made available to the media than preparing for games.

Get over yourselves people. Belicheck is still the best coach in the NFL and he didn't get that way by video taping other team's walkthoughs or hand signals.

Please explain this to me.. are ALL rules totally disposable to people your age as long as you win? Where exactly do you draw the line? The rule is explicit.. NO taping of any team is allowed except for overhead shots of GAME action. Yes, it is just a game, but it is a game played among 32 teams who have agreed to a set of rules that they promise to follow. What exactly about that very simple rule don't you understand? Or do you just not care?

Wow. This is quite possibly the most mentally challenged thing I have ever heard. A video tape of a walk through? How is that cheating? It happens in a place where anyone could watch it without fear of being seen. It has more to do with being made available to the media than preparing for games.

Get over yourselves people. Belicheck is still the best coach in the NFL and he didn't get that way by video taping other team's walkthoughs or hand signals.

It's a rule. The Patriots organization knew these rules and disregarded them. Whether or not it was helpful to them in any way, the NFL takes their arrogance and disregard for authority as a slap in the face. The Patriots and BB deserve any negative repercussions that that they have coming their way. They aren't above the law.

Please explain this to me.. are ALL rules totally disposable to people your age as long as you win? Where exactly do you draw the line? The rule is explicit.. NO taping of any team is allowed except for overhead shots of GAME action. Yes, it is just a game, but it is a game played among 32 teams who have agreed to a set of rules that they promise to follow. What exactly about that very simple rule don't you understand? Or do you just not care?

agree

Yes, ALL rules are disposable for people of my age. .

:rolleyes:

Rules are rules and they should certainly carry consequences, but banning someone from his job for a year is an absolutely ridiculous punishment that is not in any way, shape or form a reasonable punishment for videotaping a walkthrough. It's the same punishment that PacMan Jones and Odell Thurman received for actual criminal offenses.

Do all people your age see the world in black and white?

Last edited:
I have to agree that if it is proven that this is a long-standing practice by BB that the league is going to have to revisit this and see if more punishment is warrented. Not filming opponents outside of the game environment is not a new rule, nor is it one that is ignored. Even most high school associations have rules about it. And yhou can gain a wealth of information from observing a walk-through game films. IMO this alleged viloation is not as serious as the NBA referee issue but certainly calls for some severe discipline. This is not YMCA ball we are talking about, but NFL games, even SUper Bowl Games. Millions of dollars are waged in bets on these games. The NFL may not associate themselves with Vegas, but it is a reality. That's why Specter and co. are crying for further investigation.

I may sound crazy but I would be very dissapointed if he was banned. He is the greatest coach I have ever witnessed and his knowledge of the game is like no other. I believe it is a priveledge to be able to watch this legend.

Admit it, you'd love him to coach the Saints.

How ya doin Bill? Glad to see you took time out to post on SR.com!

Yes, ALL rules are disposable for people of my age. I just do not care which is bad for people like you who are headed for nursing homes soon.

Rules are rules and they should certainly carry consequences, but banning someone from his job for a year is an absolutely ridiculous punishment that is not in any way, shape or form a reasonable punishment for videotaping a walkthrough. It's the same punishment that PacMan Jones and Odell Thurman received for actual criminal offenses.

I guess the reason why the suspension would be for a year is because of the fact that he has already been busted for it once and didn't notify the league and was not upfront with them about any other cases where this occured. I believe if proof exist that this happened for the Super Bowl of all games it warrents a larger punishment. Also, if the walkthrough was really video of the Rams running redzone plays that is a huge advantage to have over another team. Its hard enough to score in the redzone sometimes, but imagine if you have a good idea of what your opponent will run. It makes it that much hard for that team to be effective.

It's highly unlikely that Matt Walsh has a copy of the video, which is pretty much the only way to fully incriminate the Patriots. Highly unlikely that anything will happen. It WOULD be nice, however, if they were stripped of that #7 pick. :D

I agree. Would you play poker with someone who has no respect for the rules?

Yes, ALL rules are disposable for people of my age. I just do not care which is bad for people like you who are headed for nursing homes soon.

Classy til the end.

Pacman Jones has a total of one criminal offense against him. It’s a misdemeanor. He's in a year-long ban with no reinstatement in sight.

Why should a coach who 'if caught cheating multiple times' - not face a similar consequence?

If the Saints taped the redzone walk through of their opponent it’d be cheating. If you knew the plays a team practiced the day before the game for their redzone offense – I’d consider it a big deal. Call me crazy, which you probably have in the past.

Now, if you showed such outrage when Pacman Jones was suspended for a lesser offense to the integrity of the game I will retract my statement.

Two words for you:

Bill Walsh.

Sorry, I know there's bad history with the 9ers...but that dude didn't lose any SuperBowls and left Mariucci a team to win one more.

Two more words:

Cut block.

"Classy" Bill Walsh was more than happy to have his timing-based offense protected by the dirtiest line in pro football. They took advantage of sadly legal, but still dirty, cut blocking techniques and were more than happy to stretch the rules. Other teams (Alex Gibbs with the Broncos) later used these techniques as well, but the 49ers set the pace.

And I'll go to my grave believing that the 49ers, led by convicted bribery felon owner DeBartolo, were ******* with the salary cap rules as soon as they came in.

Yes, if Belichick was the leader of a program of cheating, he needs to get dinged for it. By no means does he get a pass because he's not the first, he still had his own decisions to make, but let's not use Bill Walsh as a reason to crucify him.

And Belichick is still a pretty damn good coach. And quite possibly a suspended one.

As a punishment, they should give the Patriots the home game in London for a couple of years.

Classy til the end.

Pacman Jones has a total of one criminal offense against him. It’s a misdemeanor. He's in a year-long ban with no reinstatement in sight.

Why should a coach who 'if caught cheating multiple times' - not face a similar consequence?

If the Saints taped the redzone walk through of their opponent it’d be cheating. If you knew the plays a team practiced the day before the game for their redzone offense – I’d consider it a big deal. Call me crazy, which you probably have in the past.

Now, if you showed such outrage when Pacman Jones was suspended for a lesser offense to the integrity of the game I will retract my statement.

BRAVO.... Thank you Stunpals, you took the words right out of my mouth.... MLU, I totally respect you but honestly I do believe that you have your "Luv Belicheat" goggles on.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom