Rumor: Bengals inform Burrow he'll be the #1 pick. (2 Viewers)

Did they say they planned to draft him or that he would go #1? Because that could mean a traaaaaaddddeee!

Exactly my thinking. They informed him he’d be the number 1 pick, but not which team was selecting him.

Ok, i'm gonna say it. Coach Pete said a lot of things but he always stopped to say "if" the Bengals accept the offer!

Based on the title of this thread, just because Burrow is the #1 pick, doesn’t necessarily mean the Bengals will be making it. They could trade the pick to someone else and the statement is still true, so it doesn’t mean he’ll be a Bengal just because they’re saying he’ll be the #1 pick.

this is what Miami gets for not tanking harder

My uneducated guess would be.
Burrow tells his agent he doesn't want to he drafted by the dumpster fire that the Bengals are.
Cincinnati starts putting out feelers to see what the best deal is for the number 1 pick.
Cincinnati and Burrow meet. They tell Joe they want him to lead this team out of the black hole, and ask what would it take for him to want to be in Cincinnati.
Burrow tells them retain A.J. Green and spend money on FAs to field a competitive team.
The Bengals do just that, Burrow is satisfied with the moves they made in the off season.
The Bengals are no longer accepting offers.

I wonder how many folks were saying "LOLz Drew Brees going to that black hole that is the Saints...RIP his career"

Turns around and makes the Saints, a team that was with the exception of a few decent seasons -- trash for decades, a powerhouse. Oh..

Burrow is immensely talented. He's the kind of guy that could add 3-4 wins just on his ability to stretch the field alone. Mark my words, the Bengals will be a playoff team in 2-3 years. And they'll stay there.

I wonder how many folks were saying "LOLz Drew Brees going to that black hole that is the Saints...RIP his career"

Turns around and makes the Saints, a team that was with the exception of a few decent seasons -- trash for decades, a powerhouse. Oh..

Burrow is immensely talented. He's the kind of guy that could add 3-4 wins just on his ability to stretch the field alone. Mark my words, the Bengals will be a playoff team in 2-3 years. And they'll stay there.

That is exactly it, a good decision can change a team. The bengals are a team in transition, even in the ownership perspective. And frankly, they have a good roster considering they are in position to have the first pick.

We knew from the start of the process that the bengals will take Burrow, that Miami was the team able to offer a ransom for the pick, and still the bengals will say no.

I guess some people around here will still be questioning if Burrow will play for the bengals, even after he is picked later tonight.

And while the Bengals aren't exactly a storied franchise, the futility of that organization is exaggerated around here. They were a 12 win team as recently as 2015, and that capped a string of double digit win seasons and trips to the playoffs. They've appeared in the Super Bowl twice.

They stuck with Lewis too long, and generally seem to take a pretty conservative approach to their operation, but they aren't quite the perennial pit of despair that some fans make the team out to be. If Burrow reaches his potential at the pro level, that will be a big step in returning that team to relevance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom