Rumor from espn. (1 Viewer)

Rams aren't going to a 3/4 are they? Where did this rumor start anyway? They still have Glover too correct? Will Little move to OLB? I don't believe it... plus the only LB that they have that's worth a damm is Witherspoon...

In a 4-3. He weighs 305 pounds. He'd have to add a good 15-20 pounds to play in a 3-4, and at that point who knows if he still has the moves.

People writing off Dorsey as a pick for the Rams are gonna be disappointed on draft day (not that he makes it past the Falcons anyway).

Dorsey will be a Falcon Raider or Chief. That simple. I think that prediction of yours will be wrong.

i just think that most stuff that's "leaked " out now is as much posturing as anything. sure, it's possible that they take dorsey but it seems that in looking to the future one of the de/olb's is a better chioce for them. here's one of the places i read that- couldn't dig up any others:

Walter football.com http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php
“Furthermore, there are rumors that defensive coordinator Jim Haslett wants to switch to a permanent 3-4 (the Rams played the 3-4 in some situations last year). If that's the case, Gholston would be a perfect fit for the Rams' new scheme because he can slide into the pass-rushing linebacker position.”

This could help our chances to get Ellis or Dorsey

I am hoping so. This takes one team off the defensive line selection list. If they take Dorsey, we have NO shot of Ellis falling to 10, but if Dorsey slips a bit, it helps a lot.

Let's say it goes like this:

1-Miami - OT Jake Long
2-St Louis - DE Vernon Gholston
3-Atlanta - QB Matt Ryan
4-Oakland - RB Darren McFadden/ DE Chris Long
5-KC Cheifs - OT Jeff Otah
6-NY Jets - RB Darren McFadden/ DE Chris Long
7-New England - LB Kieth Rivers
8-Baltimore - CB Leodis McKelvin
9-Cincinnati - DT Glenn Dorsey
10-New Orleans - DT Sedrick Ellis

I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, but I can dream right?

Nothing too shocking. They are also talking to Chris Long and probably Dorsey.

I keep hearing smoke screens about Cincy maybe grabbing a WR in the first round..... Doubtful, but anything is possible.

Well, if the Rams decide to stay in a 43, it would be very easy to move Carriker back to DE and put Dorsey at DT and have a very solid defensive line for years to come. That's what Pat Kirwin thinks will happen.

Yea, word is that they've fallen in love with Gholston. Smokescreen or not, I'm not sure, but it would make sense if they decided to keep Carriker in the middle.

Why would the Dolphins need a smoke screen??? Do you think they can con some team to trade for the #1 pick based on who they are holding contract talks with?

OT makes sense. All other things being equal, you don't give 60 million dollar contracts to defensive tackles, regardless of how good they are. People seem to forget that part of the equation.

Why would the Dolphins need a smoke screen??? Do you think they can con some team to trade for the #1 pick based on who they are holding contract talks with?

Joe was quoting a remark about the St. Louis Rams. Not the Dolphins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom