Rumor from espn. (1 Viewer)

The Rams are going to either pick Dorsey and stick with the 4-3 or go C. Long/Gholston and switch to the 3-4. Personally, I think they go Dorsey.

Living amongst "Lamb" nation now gives me a daily dose of thought and opinion on just what the Lambs should do. Almost none point to Dorsey. Last yr they were decimated by OL injuries, let Bruce walk, and are still hurting at virtually every D piece of work available. IMO they would do well to trade down (for player + picks, or multiple picks) and focus on shoring up a OL. Linehan imo wants to forget the greatest show days and turn to a smash mouth offense.Wonder if a trade to Bengals inc Ocho to swap 1st (or 2nds, 3rds) would be of enough value?

Living amongst "Lamb" nation now gives me a daily dose of thought and opinion on just what the Lambs should do. Almost none point to Dorsey. Last yr they were decimated by OL injuries, let Bruce walk, and are still hurting at virtually every D piece of work available. IMO they would do well to trade down (for player + picks, or multiple picks) and focus on shoring up a OL. Linehan imo wants to forget the greatest show days and turn to a smash mouth offense.Wonder if a trade to Bengals inc Ocho to swap 1st (or 2nds, 3rds) would be of enough value?

I have a friend of mine who's a Rams fan and he seems to think it's out of Jake Long(he isn't that crazy for Long and just how good he is though he does acknowledge they need help on the O-Line because of age and injuries so he wouldn't mind it that much), Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long, those two picks because the defense is aging as well and they also want someone to put with Carriker(talked about moving him on the end so he can rush more)..

iam not sure if a stud RT and "could be great" LT is worth first overall , but at the end they choose the player who will help the most.

if i were bill i would prefer chris long , but thats just me.

They will probably negotiate with 2-4 of the top players, to get a feel for what agents are asking for. They don't want to end up with a #1 as a holdout. So they talk to several agents. One of the reasons Houston passed on Reggie is because they were concerned about a possible protracted holdout.

I really don't feel like reposting all the links, but this was discussed yesterday in another thread. The Rams were at Dorsey's proday and were swooning over him. Reports are it is down to him and Long at the number 2 spot. As for Carriker, he plays both DT positions very well and would move over for Dorsey. Reports are also that Carriker will be moved to DE because of his shoulder surgery this season leaving more then enough room for Dorsey.

I've never seen one rumor that they are switching to the 3-4. I'll bet money it doesn't happen. Dorsey nor Carriker can be a 3-4 DT. They also certainely don't have the DE's to do it. Just makes no sense.

I am definitely NOT a technician, but I always thought that if you were smaller DT(i.e. NOT a NT), you could play DE in a 3-4. If that's true, the Rams could move Carriker back to DE and take Dorsey, and use them both.

Mikeeee

The Rams need to protect Bulgar , they just gave him a huge contract and if they don't get an OT their draft will be a failure, they might have to take Ryan Clady at #2 and that would shock the draft.,

I know if Drew Brees were being hit like Bulgar , we would also pass on Dorsey for a Clady

Yea, word is that they've fallen in love with Gholston. Smokescreen or not, I'm not sure, but it would make sense if they decided to keep Carriker in the middle.

I don't see that the Rams have a whole lot of incentive to put up a smokescreen about their #1 pick. They could literally say "We would be fine with either X or Y" in a press conference and be assured that they would get either X or Y.

How that might affect later rounds, I'm not sure.

See...

Yesterday, FanHouse's Michael David Smith noted that the Dolphins were negotiating with Michigan left tackle Jake Long to be the first-overall pick. For fans, getting a deal done before the draft is anticlimactic; for Miami, it's one less thing they have to worry about heading into the 2008 season.

And although the Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington wrote yesterday that the team hasn't had contract discussions with Virginia defensive end Chris Long, today the Sun Sentinel's Omar Kelly reports that Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston is now in the mix too.

from the sr.com homepage

IMO, J.Long would be the right choice. I dont know if an OT is the right place to pick him though. I still dont think the Dolphins are committing to Jake yet. Its two weeks before the draft. The texans didnt commit to Williams until the day before the draft in 06'. It would be a bad Idea to commit to jake this early.

I think the Dolphins are just trying to scare people into thinking they will take the player they want. No way they want that pick. They will overpay whoever they draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom