***RUMOR*** les Miles reaching out to Mike Leach for his interest in the LSU OC job (1 Viewer)

The poster from TD is somewhat credible. He seems to be someone who has decent access to the program. He knew about the Orgeron/Saints/LSU fiasco ahead of time. He also had good stuff on the first Miles to Michigan rumors and called it correctly. Chicken, the Andrus of TD, has vouched for him and that carries a lot of weight.

He did seem to miss on some Crowton rumors last year, but there's so much going on I can't really tell.

His info is that Miles is interested in Leach and wants to reach out to him. No word on if Leach is even interested in talking or if it will ever go anywhere.

I would still be worried about Miles and the power running game clashing with another coordinator that wants to run some sort of spread. It sounds like that could be one of the biggest problems Crowton has faced.

The poster from TD is somewhat credible. He seems to be someone who has decent access to the program. He knew about the Orgeron/Saints/LSU fiasco ahead of time. He also had good stuff on the first Miles to Michigan rumors and called it correctly. Chicken, the Andrus of TD, has vouched for him and that carries a lot of weight.

He did seem to miss on some Crowton rumors last year, but there's so much going on I can't really tell.

His info is that Miles is interested in Leach and wants to reach out to him. No word on if Leach is even interested in talking or if it will ever go anywhere.

I would still be worried about Miles and the power running game clashing with another coordinator that wants to run some sort of spread. It sounds like that could be one of the biggest problems Crowton has faced.

True, but Crowton is an idiot.. I could see him letting Leach and Chavis do their thing while being the figurehead that he was in 2007. I hope it happens

I like the offense Leach ran, and I like his demeanor. But I wonder how his ego would mesh with being the OC and not the head coach? If it would happen, I think it would be a short term thing until he lands another head coaching job somewhere else.

personally, i'd love to see Leach hired as LSU Head Coach.. but something tells me that he'd be a little too unorthodox for the powers that be in Baton Rouge, in a different way than Les Miles is.

Leach is a good offensive mind but I don't think his system works in the SEC..... All LSU needs to win a championship is a smart qb and a power run game. With the talent we get, I dont really think a system passing the ball 40 times works

GNot in a million years. I love Leach, but I couldn't see Miles doing anything like this. If I were Leach, I would jump at the ULL job.

For LSU, it might be better served to get an up-and-coming guy (Scott Parr/Blake Anderson/Ron Hudson/Gunter Brewer/ Herb Hand-type) than seeking out big-name guys. I love air raid, but with the talent LSU pulls in and as dopey as most LSU fans are, they might be better served pulling a 1-back guru like Noel Mazzone (or Todd Sturdy/Rod Dobbs), instead

Mike Leach made Tim Couch and Graham Harrell into potential Heisman Trophy Candidates. I'm thinking he could at the very least turn one of the LSU QBs into mediocre.

I'm not an LSU homey at all, but I can promise you there are a lot of SEC schools praying this stays as just a thread and never happens. Dude knows how to score points.

Leach is a good offensive mind but I don't think his system works in the SEC..... All LSU needs to win a championship is a smart qb and a power run game. With the talent we get, I dont really think a system passing the ball 40 times works

Many said the something very similar when Urban Meyer was hired at Florida.

Its not what you do, but how well you do it.

In the end, it is the coaches ability to recruit and develop players incorporated into a system that gets the most out of those players. Leach is smart enough to work with what we have here while bringing along new recruits that fit where he eventually wants to go when the talent and collective football I.Q.'s match what he intends to do

Many said the something very similar when Urban Meyer was hired at Florida.

Its not what you do, but how well you do it.

In the end, it is the coaches ability to recruit and develop players incorporated into a system that gets the most out of those players. Leach is smart enough to work with what we have here while bringing along new recruits that fit where he eventually wants to go when the talent and collective football I.Q.'s match what he intends to do

Well... to be fair... many over here in Florida are openly questioning Meyer and wondering if it was all Tebow. Yes, it's crazy. But thought I'd mention it since you used it as an example.

I have no clue what Leach in the SEC would do, but at least I know this... it would be extremely interesting either way. I have a gut hunch that we'll need to be able to run the ball more than he has in the past, so the biggest question is how will he adapt his system to the SEC? SEC defenses are practically NFL quality, so you need balance. I don't want to completely lose the one thing our offense does pretty well, smashmouth football. Also our insanely aggressive defense will need the clock relief to avoid tiring out.

But if he actually is willing to throw the dang ball down the dang football field while developing quarterbacks, give him a shot! I don't know what all our options are or what his vision is to adjust his system to SEC football and how he can adjust to meet the players he has on the team each year... but I'd be willing to find out. And yea, if he's smart enough to figure out that you need to get the dang ball to Randle... then again I'm fine with that.

It would be a nice change of pace. Bring it. Set all-time scoring records? Or have every single pass intercepted till he's ceremoniously fired from our pre-game cannon as he's tarred and feathered midfield in complete disgrace... it would be a heck of a show. I'd like to see it. Make it happen.

Bottom Line: It can't get any worse than it is now.

I would make an excellent offensive coordinator and I'd do it for free the first year. If my offense doesn't produce, can me. If I do, give me a contract.

I would make an excellent offensive coordinator and I'd do it for free the first year. If my offense doesn't produce, can me. If I do, give me a contract.

And give up the opportunity cost of hiring an elite OC? A thousand of you working for free wouldn't be enough.

From an article in The Advocate today:
There has been speculation that offensive coordinator Gary Crowton may not return. Crowton is in the final year of a three-year contract that pays him a base salary of $400,000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom