RUMOR: Les Miles To Resign Monday (1 Viewer)

Bruce Feldman
@BFeldmanCBS

Talked to a source at LSU tonight.. there is no truth to that wild rumor.
9:50pm - 2 Mar 13

The question then is, where did the wild rumor come from?

If this was before signing day well, of course. People say anything then. But this is a dead period when no one has anything to gain from a rumor such as that gaining such steam.

If this was before signing day well, of course. People say anything then. But this is a dead period when no one has anything to gain from a rumor such as that gaining such steam.

When you're in a position of power, there will always be people who don't like you. When there are people that don't like you, there doesn't need to be a rhyme or reason to try to take you down. In this age of social media, all one has to do is think up a stupid rumor and post it in two seconds. That rumore will spread far and wide before anyone has a chance to check into it.

When you're in a position of power, there will always be people who don't like you. When there are people that don't like you, there doesn't need to be a rhyme or reason to try to take you down. In this age of social media, all one has to do is think up a stupid rumor and post it in two seconds. That rumore will spread far and wide before anyone has a chance to check into it.

That's not true. I would guarantee that no such rumor of such "wild fire" nature exists or will come up regarding, say, Nick Saban from now until next recruiting season. Of course Saban-to-NFL and companion Alabama-on-probation rumors existed prior to signing day but 1) they didn't acquire this level of credence even then and 2) aren't in existance now.

This rumor will die come Monday when he doesn't resign. So for it to be so limited, have so limited potential impact, be so strong is fairly non-senseical.

I think it is being traced to a student at WKU. He reported it as a rumor. Who knows where he got the rumor from, but why is some random WKU even a vital part of the rumor chain?

I think it is being traced to a student at WKU. He reported it as a rumor. Who knows where he got the rumor from, but why is some random WKU even a vital part of the rumor chain?

I agree. I would be extremely fascinated to know the precise trail of this rumor. It's extraordinary in many respects and merits attention for that fact.

Ive heard that it originated from a bama message board but dint have facts or links to back that up

Y'all don't have to believe me at all but about a year ago, I was on campus(LSU) and while walking to the cafeteria, I overheard these 2 guys talking about how les miles either paid this cheerleader 5 grand or so to sleep with him or to pay her off so she didn't tell anyone. I didn't think much of it until seeing all these tweets about it.

Bruce Feldman
@BFeldmanCBS

Talked to a source at LSU tonight.. there is no truth to that wild rumor.
9:50pm - 2 Mar 13

I'm shocked!!! haha Still waiting on the Les Miles / Jordan Jefferson fake love affair vid...

That's not true. I would guarantee that no such rumor of such "wild fire" nature exists or will come up regarding, say, Nick Saban from now until next recruiting season. Of course Saban-to-NFL and companion Alabama-on-probation rumors existed prior to signing day but 1) they didn't acquire this level of credence even then and 2) aren't in existance now.

This rumor will die come Monday when he doesn't resign. So for it to be so limited, have so limited potential impact, be so strong is fairly non-senseical.
I never said it will happen to Saban. The only part of my statement that was 'definite' was. The part about people in a position of power always having haters. Saban has haters. If someone wanted to start a stupid, unsubstantiated rumor about sabsn, it would only take a matter of minutes for it to get some traction. In other words, it COULD happen. Im not saying it will. But that is basically what happened, here.

Y'all don't have to believe me at all but about a year ago, I was on campus(LSU) and while walking to the cafeteria, I overheard these 2 guys talking about how les miles either paid this cheerleader 5 grand or so to sleep with him or to pay her off so she didn't tell anyone. I didn't think much of it until seeing all these tweets about it.

Dude, come on... an LSU cheerleader is worth WAYYYY more than 5k. This ain't Awbarn!

Any chance the student was the 8th grader that we offered a scholarship too? haha Nah, we're not Penn State... ;o)

Unless that student was Jordan Jefferson, then I'm not buying it. Petrino just has a lot of time on his hands these days, so he's posting away on a kabillion message boards cause he's STILL ticked that Les Miles curbstomped him so bad in his last regular season game as a REAL head coach... I mean, an affair with a student so easily took him down, why not Miles? Perhaps he's hoping we'd hire him from that wasteland of a program he's at now?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YqrmGM0yOm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude, I totally called it! Where did this rumor apparently start? Western Kentucky.

And where does Petrino currently coach? Yup, Western Kentucky!

Anatomy of a terrible Les Miles rumor - SBNation.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom