Rumor: Randall Cobb?? (1 Viewer)

There are alot of decent TEs out there (http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019TE.php)

We do need to draft one though, and the draft has SOLID TEs We can get one in the 2nd.

Jared Cook or Jenkins could great additions, I just didn't think we had the money for either of them.
We definitely need to draft a TE, but I don't see a drafted TE coming in and being super effective in a year that may be Drew's last.

Ingram has me down and I need something to lift my spirits. I'm glad we didn't break the bank on all these crazy deals, but I hope we see some movement soon.

At this point in his carerr, what would Randall Cobb's ROLE / VISION be for the Saints?

Nothing overly exciting about signing Cobb or Garçon. Neither are Cobb or Garçon from four years ago. Garçon is 32 and Cobb is 28, production last three years has not been good for either. Both have had injury issues. We need veteran receivers that still have some youth to them.
Dude anything is better than a rookie WR or even an undrafted rookie WR. Don’t get me wrong our young WRs have potential but to have them starting in playoff contentions is insane.

I'm typically not for signing guys with injury issues in the past, but this is a move that feels match made. I can't think of another free agent who would fit in so perfectly into the offense than Cobb. Imagine plays where Cobb/Kamara are in the back field or "trick" opportunities with he and Taysom. MY GOD.

He's under 30... His injuries have been things like hamstrings (not knee, shoulder, back, neck, long term-degenerative-type injuries).... He has averaged 700+ yards from scrimmage and 5+ TDs per season....

It's a better bet than Cam Meredith was last year...

Why not?

I think this is a great fit. Thomas, Ginn, Cobb, Bryant would be a great core!

We can sell him on a lot and structure a deal well less than his asking price if he feels he can win another super bowl

Cobb could be outstanding in our offense. Gotta wonder who the odd man out would be though with Thomas, Ginn, Kirkwood, TQS & possibly even Dez. Wouldn't surprise me to see a WR in the draft either.

Dude anything is better than a rookie WR or even an undrafted rookie WR. Don’t get me wrong our young WRs have potential but to have them starting in playoff contentions is insane.
Agree don’t want to go in next year with what we have, but Cobb just hasn’t been the Cobb of old the last three seasons. Also often injured between hamstring and concussions. Maybe he can find his game again here. Garçon is 32 now and he hasn’t been near as productive. Not looking for another 1200 yard receiver opposite of Thomas, just want a guy that can be a consistent and reliable.

Agree don’t want to go in next year with what we have, but Cobb just hasn’t been the Cobb of old the last three seasons. Also often injured between hamstring and concussions. Maybe he can find his game again here. Garçon is 32 now and he hasn’t been near as productive. Not looking for another 1200 yard receiver opposite of Thomas, just want a guy that can be a consistent and reliable.
Maybe Meredith if he's ready to go?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom